Please Consider a Trikes Forum

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by Riversong, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Riversong

Riversong Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please consider changing the Hacks thread to Hacks and Trikes . I realize the subheading indicates 2wheels + but I think with the popularity of trikes , reverse trikes ( Can Am Spyder ) it deserves equal billing . I love hacks btw and used to own a Ural gear -up. I now own a 2020 can am spyder limited. Thanks for your consideration.
    ErictheBiking likes this.
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think due to the major differences between Trikes and sidecars, Trikes should have their own separate section. BTW, are there any "Adventure" style Trikes?
    Flyin' Monkeys likes this.
  3. SLACKER

SLACKER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    30745311-15F8-483D-8828-F571EBA9A2E9.jpeg
  4. Riversong

Oddometer:
    Well that’s not a bad idea at all and makes sense . As to Adventure style trikes check out the new 2022 Can Am Ryker Rally . It’s being promoted as an on road/off road reverse trike . Although I have , and will keep , a Spyder RT limited I’m seriously thinking about replacing my dual sport KTM 690 with the Ryker Rally . The reason being most all of my off-road riding at my weekend place is county maintained dirt roads of which they’re 100’s of miles of . I just like to explore dirt roads combined with county paved backroads .
  5. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    May I suggest you post your request in the appropriate forum instead of hi-jacking my thread? Trikes are not sidecars, totally agree with that. A "sidecar" is attached to a motorcycle, a trike may have started life as one, but is no longer . . . . Thanks!
    Gerg and Flyin' Monkeys like this.
  6. Riversong

Oddometer:
    I apologize as it wasn’t my intent- kinda new at this ! My intent was to make a suggestion that , in my mind, would improve the overall forum but I shouldn’t have trespassed on your territory. I started out with an email to admin who suggested I post on the forum which I did but received no response so I was grasping at straws and when I read your thread that mentioned Baldy I piggy backed on that hoping the powers to be would see it - won’t happen again .
    Flyin' Monkeys and LBS-USA like this.
  7. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    No worries! I *think* it takes an Act of God to have a new Forum created. A sacrificial goat may be in order . . . .
    twintwin and Flyin' Monkeys like this.
  8. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    In the past, we have relegated discussions of Can-Am reverse trikes to "Road Warriors". Perhaps Road Warriors could have a Trikes sub-forum, like the way the GSpot has two sub-forums--one for boxers and one for in-lines.

That's my suggestion, but my belief is that such a sub-forum would grow cobwebs.