Please Ride My Bike From California to Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Malaleche, Sep 9, 2019.

1. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the what. Still doesn't explain why the 4 crossings given that your stated main concern was delivering the bike. If you are riding from contiguous US to Alaska no need to cross the border more than twice unless you want to wander around a bit.
  2. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    this is what i said... "adventure ride? i'll submit that your focus is at least partly on the delivery each and every minute that you're on that moto, it ain't the same freedom you enjoy riding your own bike. upside piggybacks the dream, downside factors in reality". that's not quite the same as "your stated main concern was delivering the bike" is it?

i've been up there multiple times, had no restrictions on route, and don't ride a single mile of the alcan if i don't have to, which means multiple border crossings. i had a time window to deliver the moto, but ferry and air travel reservations added constraints, meaning i had to be in certain places on certain days.

the owner covered all air travel, both directions, surprisingly inexpensive with a little planning. something like 48 straight hours at airports on the inbound leg, there's adventure.

i've been in Canada more years than the majority of Canadians, and have had some unfortunate and unexplained incidents with Canada customs, even when they already know that i've already made many other crossings, heck, it's all in the data base these days.

somebody wants to take this bike to Toronto, go ahead, report back on the experience.
    OU812 likes this.
  3. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That makes sense!
  4. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That does explain things a bit better.
  5. Malaleche

Malaleche Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right now my plan is to store the bike in San Diego and then fly down in the spring to pick it up. I have had a few riders interested, but nothing has firmed up. Here's hoping!
    Cal likes this.
  6. Lawrences

Lawrences Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tronna is just north of Medford OR then take a east and ride straight on till morning, right?
  7. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little north, a LOT east. Some hills.
  8. MiltonHog

MiltonHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes and there may be a bit of snow in Alberta this weekend only about 12 inches. You might need a few days as well.
  9. Fishenough

Fishenough Team Lurker

Oddometer:
    It is cooling down on Vancouver Island, last night pictured I decided this was the last night I bbq in bare feet.

Something been figured out? Still tempted to ride from SD to Vancouver if that helps 20190930_172714.jpg
    OU812 likes this.
  10. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    That doesn't help. Still warm here too and 30+ in Ont. I suppose one could go east from SD then north some place in the mid west.

11. Makalu

Makalu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, it will be 78 degrees in San Diego this weekend! How about posting a pick of the bike and kit you have on it?