1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

PNW Flea Market

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by DantesDame, Aug 25, 2008.

1. KojiKP

KojiKP Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any 2012 era Yamaha WR450 riders want some plastics. Free but please take all (won’t turn down some candy or chocolate, I don’t drink)
    IMG_9310.jpg
    IMG_9309.jpg
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  2. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    2019 Sherco 300 SEF-R $6900. Original owner - bought last June. Very good condition. 54 hours 945 miles - may increase a bit. Tubliss on both wheels. AXP skid plate, Fresco spark arrestor. Hand guards. Valve check done @ 22 hours and were perfect. Was told next check should be at 100 hours. First oil & filter change at 2 hours and every 20 hours after as per manual. Extra air & oil filters and a few quarts of oil. Not doing all the single track riding I thought I would and my FE501 is better for the dirt roads and 2 track I like to ride. GPS is NOT included. Can send more pictures if interested.
    300RtSide.jpg
  3. Claytonroy

Claytonroy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody looking for a good deal on a replacement Moto battery? SOLD

This is the OEM sealed lead acid type batt as installed in my Husqvarna Svartpilen 401. A month after I bought it (May 2019) I upgraded to Lithium Ion. This battery has been stored on a trickle charger ever since. It’s a fully sealed, maintenance free FA (flooded acid).

This is a common size replacement for many KTM and Husqvarna motorcycles, and will fit others I’m sure. Model is : HTZ12A- BS (FA)

Case specs are: 6” Wide x 4 1/4 Tall x 3 1/2

200 cold cranking amps.

SOLD SOLD Local pickup in PDX area

Attached Files:

Trinity_Session likes this.
  4. bravura

bravura Adventurer

Oddometer:
    - SOLD -

TUSK ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT MOTORCYCLE TIRE CHANGING STAND - $40 - Monmouth/Corvallis (Pick up only - No ship, thanks)

- SOLD -

0-49.jpg 0-48.jpg

5. Mumbles24

Mumbles24 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    [SOLD]
    I really wanted the Scorpion EXO AT950 to work, just didn't fit my head. I had already bought a pinlock ready clear lens and cold weather dual lens. Together these were $80. How about $50 for both local pickup (near Kingston WA) or $60 shipped. Neither has been out of the wrapped. All you need is the pin lock insert. 20200503_114817.jpg
  6. Bbarnumboy

Bbarnumboy n00b

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

Corradokid135 likes this.
  7. BackCountryCruizer

BackCountryCruizer Gnarled Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’d like that! Working full time in the Gervais area and live in Canby so it’s be this weekend before I can get it. Does it break down to fit in saddle bags?
  8. tycobb

tycobb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking to buy a DRZ400 or WR250R around the Portland area if anyone has any leads. Thanks
    OR_Rider and Tooph like this.
  9. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. mcswny

mcswny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1997 XR600r in a 1994 XR650L frame (plated as the 1994 XR650L and street legal in Oregon, not just a grandfathered plate).

I’m putting this out there to gauge any interest before take some photos and getting it posted on that other giant resale website. I just put a new plug in last night but haven’t changed the oil and fired it up this spring.

It’s definitely a bike for a very specific type of person. It’s not a single track dirt bike, and not a giant tourer, but it’s bike that you can get far out there on our amazing backcountry discovery routes and forest service roads. Rarely can you find a plated XR600r bikes in Oregon, let alone one that you can feel confident Salem can’t randomly pull your plate. Don’t be fooled thinking you can buy a Washington or Idaho plated bike and then transfer the plate to Oregon, the DMV won’t let you.

Let me know if you’re interested in talking. And I can take some more photos of it sitting in my garage.

$2,800 located in North Portland

The Good:
    - 1997 XR600r engine
    - 1994 XR650L frame, nothing was cut or bent or fabricated. Everything is a direct swap except the stock tank (so I got a xr650l Clarke Tank. This allows the bike to be considered 100% from the factory street legal in every US state. States that require “safety” inspections will need to put blinkers and mirrors and horn on to pass, but in Oregon none of those are required to pass an inspection. Could you be ticketed for not having those? Sure, have I? Not in the 5 years I’ve ridden this bike.
    - 4.7 Gallon Clarke Tank (I bought a new OEM petcock when I put this on)
    - 200w Rickey Stator
    - 2x 55w Hella 500 Lights (with custom bracket). With that being said, theyre still not the worlds brightest lights.
    - XRs Only billet choke Plate
    - The beefiest rear Cycle Rack there ever was. It triangulates and strengthens the subframe simultaneously
    - Rear Dunlop D606 with only ~600 miles
    - Wider foot pegs
    - Double wide front sprocket that engages more of the counter shaft splines (this is traditionally a weak point on the bike). A lot of people used to just take the xr650r sprockets and flip them around, but this put the chainline out of wack and wore out the chain pre-maturely. This is obviously better than wearing out the counter shaft splines but there’s a guy in Texas that custom makes wider sprockets for this specific bike which aligns the chain and engages more of the splines at the same time.
    - Geared for more highway speeds so it can be used more as a tourer, but still rips on dirt.
    - Big ole bash guard.
    - Tags good till 2021
    - FMF Q4 exhaust with headers (not 100% what the headers are)

The “it’s neither bad nor good, but just trying to disclose everything”
    - The Dunlop D606 Front tire has a little bit of life left in it, but could be replaced soon.
    - The bike has never had an odometer, but my best guess puts the bike at about 5,000 miles. Obviously my word is nothing to you, but this is what I guess it to be. The reason whyI estimate that is when I bought the bike, it was a garage queen, 100% completely stock, with the “from the factory tires still on it” and I’ve since put about 4,000 miles on it.
    - I completely re-did the wiring harness to add in the rickey stator and capacitor. Is a junk job? No. Is it perfect? Probably Not. But does it run well, not short out and not look like garbage? Hell yeah. With that being said, it definitely could use some inline fuses to make it better (I always said I’d wire them in, but never got around to it). It was built with quality wire and 4.5mm connectors and I have it drawn out so you know what color wire goes to what part of the bike.
    - I removed (and subsequently lost) the decompressor lever. The bike is tuned well, so I learned to muscle it over past TDC to start it without it. It’s definitely an big single cylinder thumper that takes some learning to kick over, but once you learn it, it starts super, super easy. If you feel you need/want the lever. You can either get a new one cheap or just reach under the tank and pull the bracket up with a finger to actuate it.
    - It’s not a garage queen, I ride it. It gets dirty, it is dirty.
    - Funny, homemade exhaust heat shield because I melted my aero stitch pants. Its stainless, but you can easily take off if you don’t want it.

The Bad
    - The seat $%^ing hurts. I was going to cut and shape my own foam and sew a new cover but never did. If you’re buying this bike to be a dirt tourer, which it is fully capable of being, you might want to upgrade the seat, Seat Concepts makes a nice one.

Attached Files:

11. ParleG

ParleG Novice

Oddometer:
    Still looking for a dualsport... Cash in hand. Show me what you have for sale.

Interested in:
    - WR250R (most wanted)
    - XR650L
    - DR650
    - DRZ400S
    - KLR650 (least wanted)
    Tooph likes this.
  12. BackCountryCruizer

BackCountryCruizer Gnarled Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wish to purchase withdrawn and PM sent. Anyone else??
  13. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I have 2 of the 3.
  14. ParleG

ParleG Novice

Oddometer:
    Are you bragging or am I supposed to PM you to find out? :y0!
  15. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    The wR250 may need to be pried from my cold fingers but the KLR with fresh Schmitz racing top end could be stolen.
    Killacurb, Tooph and Corradokid135 like this.
  16. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    @ tycobb

WR400 work? Message me.
  17. slobinski

slobinski easily amused

Oddometer:
    I've got a low-mileage 2014 DRZ that I plan to list next week...
    bensgone likes this.
  18. ParleG

ParleG Novice

Oddometer:
    Someone has to have a WR250R they are looking to part ways with!
  19. DHAM

DHAM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a nice 2013 Weestrom to sell.
  20. Tooph

Tooph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Info on the klr if the other guy isn't interested!