PNW Vendors & Services

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Johnny Drunkard, May 15, 2009.

1. Almost There

Almost There Up, up, and away

Oddometer:
    Never used them but I have heard good things about Suspension by Design in Newberg.

(503) 538-1758
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  2. El Hefe

El Hefe n00b

Oddometer:
    Kreft in Bend does amazing work. If you’re willing to go to Bend.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  3. Emasen

Emasen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All,
    The following is a little off the ball but maybe someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Biking it from Baja to Portland end of November 2018 and looking for a safe location to store my motorbike for a few months until my return in August and continue my trip.
    Flying home out of Portland so somewhere close would be great. Its only a Vstrom so wont take too much space. Can pay a little if needed.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  4. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    I own a storage shed located in Tualatin that might work for you.
    Emasen and rg sw wa. like this.
  5. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    thumbnail_20171019_175243.jpg
    Emasen and rg sw wa. like this.
  6. trimix

trimix Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for seattle area truck brake guru? Full size dodge with seemingly unfixable abs light. Thanks
  7. Getnout

Getnout Mmmmm, Micro Brews!! Supporter

Oddometer:

I was just wandering around the forum here still trying to figure out how to navigate and stumbled on your Dodge ABS light issue. All I can share is my own experience on my '99 Dodge diesel. At one time I too had an ABS light and the rear axle seemed to almost lock up and brake really hard. After I scanned it, it ended up being the speed sensor that is mounted to the rear axle/diff. There's only one.
    LC Garage, thirsty 1 and DiggerD like this.
  8. Troutbum18

Troutbum18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know a good lc8/ktm twin mechanic in the Seattle area? Trying to avoid the dealership if I can.

Unless someone has shop space I can rent/occupy near the shoreline area?
  9. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Lazy

Oddometer:
    See if Jim can fit you in , http://motoduvall.com/contact/
    Guano11 likes this.
  10. No-Fret

No-Fret Tanker

Oddometer:
    Anyone able to do SeatConepts seat upgrade on my stock seat pan (stapling)? I'm in Lakewood/Tacoma area. Thx
  11. Ruckusroid

Ruckusroid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got a loose spoke on my Tiger. Anybody around the Monroe, east Seattle area true wheels?
  12. cpt000

cpt000 n00b

Oddometer:
    Jammer Cafe has now opened in Vancouver and they're offering an opening special of rental of a work lift for C$50/day. If you riding through and want to do some wrenching, then give them a call.
  13. M33

M33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Give Maury (sp?) a call (Wheelmasters) in Auburn - south of seattle - the PNW version of Woody's - its been a while but he sorted a couple of wheels for me - 253-927-0271
    Actionable Mango and Chuck Roll like this.
  14. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:

I can. I'm in Olympia but will be traveling back and forth to Seattle over the next 3 weeks.
  15. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:
    Oops, I didn't see how old your post was. You most likely already got it taken care of. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but for anyone out there, I am able to recover and reshape motorcycle seats. Most of my friends buy Seat Concept tall seat foam and covers then I shave and shape them to fit.
    20181003_201156.jpg 20181003_204807.jpg 20181003_210817_HDR~3.jpg
  16. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Midnight Madness Sale Saturday March 30th, 8pm to Midnight.

Helmet giveaways and more.

Free food and dranks. Plus I'll be wondering around trying to look busy...

Smokey Point Cycle Barn

15202 Smokey Point Boulevard
    Marysville WA

madness.jpg
    Chuck Roll likes this.
  17. Troutbum18

Troutbum18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know a trusted ktm mechanic or efi guru in the Seattle or surrounding areas? Think I've got either a voltage or efi issue that I'm just not experienced enough with this bike or efi in general to feel confident I can find it quickly. I'm itching to ride!!

Hell, if anyone knows their way around a 690 and is willing to educate me, I'll bring the beer...

There's a ton of info on this forum, but I'm wanting to get this issue solved sooner than later. Going to seek outside help on this one I think...
  18. amotostuff

amotostuff Adventure MotoStuff

Oddometer:
    Adventure Motostuff has relocated to the Oregon Coast. Stop by and see us when you are passing through.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  19. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Hey, Chad, you guys fell off my radar somewhere along the line. I used to buy a lot of stuff from you back over 10 years ago now. Welcome to the Wetness! I'm gonna go check out your website.
  20. TS888

TS888 Deer dodger Supporter

Oddometer:
    ** 05/30/20 Update - We've got a NoMar tire changing station now, courtesy of Ken Hall (maybe on ADV, I never asked?!). Ken needed a place to store the tool, we had the floor space. So if you're in the Hood River area and need tires swapped, I can accommodate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not really a vendor, but I thought I'd put this out there -- if you're riding/driving through the Columbia Gorge and need bike or other vehicle help, I'm usually available. M-F the shop where I work is open 8-5, and I have 24/7 access. It's a fully equipped automotive repair shop, with a good supply of any needed fluids and the tools to perform most any repair, excluding car/truck tire mounting (I've got tire tools to do bikes). We've got a MIG and gas (oxy/acetylene) welder and during the week there is usually a TIG resource I can tap as well.

I can pretty much always get a trailer to pick up a stranded bike, so if you're within 40 miles or so of Hood River, don't hesitate to call.

Obviously if you bring in a car/truck during biz hours, you'll be a customer of the shop. Eves and weekends I'm happy to help out an inmate for karma. I accept beer donations too, my mother taught me to be gracious when someone offers a compliment.

Shop info --

DelCarpine Automotive
    1465 Barker Road
    Hood River OR 97031
    Shop phone 8a-5p -- 541 386 3133
    My mobile -- 541 399 7835 (Tony)