Poetry

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by HPPants, Oct 4, 2021.

1. nwbobber

nwbobber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good report. Thanks for putting it together.
    I've been retired now nine years, and I highly recommend it. With your attitude I think you will love it as well.
    dano619 likes this.
  2. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Pants,

Thank you for taking us all along with you! :thumb
    And I particularly appreciated you taking the time to acknowledge being thankful for getting to roam like many of us do.
    Sometimes I forget to adequately do that.

BTW, do you ever use the Butler Map for routing the Ozarks?
    I've ridden in the Ozarks quite a bit for many years, (native Arkansan) and I'll still find roads using that map that I have never been on before. Great resource for that area bounded by Tulsa/Hot Springs/Memphis/St. Louis! :thumb

RD
  3. Cav47

Cav47 Look, Lean, and Pray!

Oddometer:

I am the guy with the Pelican case. I keep a variety of things in there. Most of the time I keep my heated gear in there. Jacket and pants will go in there if jammed tight. Mostly just the jacket and the weather proof cover for the tank bag. These are items I never want to be without.

I’ve never put anything heavy in there. Others have cautioned me for years about it breaking off. 55K miles in, everything seems copacetic. Like most great ideas, I stole it from my buddy Brandon.

Pants is an amazing writer. Only surpassed by his aptitude as a rider and friend.
    BrockEvan, HPPants and dano619 like this.
  4. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    Thank you for taking us on your Adventure.
    HPPants likes this.
  5. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This report.... one of the best I've read thru the years!! I sure like how your glass is half full, heck...it's all the way to the top and overflowing!! Thanks for taking us along, it's been fun.
    HPPants, BrockEvan and jathkajoe like this.
  6. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for reading my ride report. I wrote the whole thing before I posted the first day. I felt like it was too long for someone to read in one sitting. I'm curious as to what the inmates think: Would you prefer to have the whole r/r at once, or day by day, broken down into smaller chunks?

My pleasure.

I hope so - I'm not one for sitting around much. I've got other hobbies. I'm looking forward to not watching the clock.

Nice of you to recognize this. Not too long ago, I made a VERY conscious decision to lay my burdens down. It has occurred to me that the people I held animosity with weren't impacted at all by my feelings. Rather, all this was doing was hurting ME. So I quit holding on and .... let it go. Honestly, I've got SO much to be thankful and proud of, what the heck is a grudge gonna do for me? Moreover, what good will it do? I truly can't describe how uplifting that has been for me and perhaps more importantly, how good it has for those that I care about. I'm a little older now, more experienced perhaps. I used to be wound up like a top. Now, stupid shit just rolls off my back. So much better.

Stay thirsty, my friends.....
  7. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    "Thank you all for reading my ride report. I wrote the whole thing before I posted the first day. I felt like it was too long for someone to read in one sitting. I'm curious as to what the inmates think: Would you prefer to have the whole r/r at once, or day by day, broken down into smaller chunks?"

The whole thing, in smaller chunks, the same day. :*sip*
    For readers that may be on a cellphone or with limited bandwidth.
  8. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I kinda like one day at a time. Lets the report unfold like the ride; sorta like sharing the ride as it rolls.

It's really difficult to post a ride in real time, and trying to do so may adversely impact the rider's enjoyment of the moment and the quality of the finished report. Posting afterwards allows more time for reflection and editing while day by day chapter-length posts preserve the feeling of a journey.
    jathkajoe likes this.
  9. jathkajoe

jathkajoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's your story. Write and post it as you like. I'll read it as I have time.

My preference though is how you did this one.

Well ridden and well written story. You are blessed. I look forward to your next adventure.
    HPPants and staticPort like this.
  10. BrockEvan

BrockEvan Brock Warwick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your ability to recall all that info and put into words, all at once is quite enviable.
    dano619 likes this.
  11. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think I'll ever write a ride report in "real time", posting on the evening of the day it happens. I need time to see the pictures and reflect to get my thoughts together.

This is why I take a TON of pictures. It allows me to cheat - the pictures remind me of the occasion.
    Cav47, BrockEvan and staticPort like this.