1. eNewsletter Sign Up

..Poland to Mongolia and back on XT600

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by yeuop, Aug 31, 2010.

1. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Some pics of monasteries.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Day 26

These days in Ulaan Baatar kinda sucked. There was some rain and also something else that I cannot describe. Something was wrong and I don't know what. Perhaps too many nights at the same place..?

Anyway, time to leave the town.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I show you my Touratech GPS holder?
    [​IMG]

Damn!! What a sulfur!! I have travelled to many countries and always WITHOUT a GPS. I find it stupid. But this year they forced me to buy a GPS :cry

3. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. MATTJH

MATTJH AARG Pirate

Oddometer:
    Great ride report. Enjoying it very much. A ''wild ass'' is when a horse and donkey did the ''big nasty'' and now the offspring is roaming free in the desert.
  5. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahi nama!!
    [​IMG]
  6. ichallein

ichallein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would say that is a mule. A wild ass is a species itself
  7. Sandino

Sandino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice report!!, great pictures. I also have a XT600E, they are so reliable and easy bike. I truly admire the way you travel, and Olga is really fine!!
    Greetings from Paraguay. :freaky
  8. lordmaciek

lordmaciek Long timer

Oddometer:
    wypas :clap
  9. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, describing every single day separately is no longer necessary I think.
    I will rather upload some pictures of landscapes.
    [​IMG]

Local bikers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes the "road" is pretty clear, sometimes the path is not so strong. And sometimes there suddenly is no path.

[​IMG]
  10. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This kind of riding is not a big problem even as for me - offroad beginner. The major problem is that "road" sometimes suddenly becomes a sand. And this IS a problem when you do not expect it.

Crossroad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Mongolia there is some very special kind of space that I really wanted to see. These three weeks to get here were worth it even though I understand that the nothing I always search for during my trips might be quite stupid reason to go somewhere so far away. Nevermind.
    [​IMG]
    Bunnyscoots likes this.
  11. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spent a night somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Next day morning there came old Mongolian guy on a horse. He knew a bit russian and a few words in english so we talked a bit. He asked me: "Aren't you affraid to sleep here alone?"
    "No, why would I be affraid?"
    "Because here are wolves."
    :huh

Well I don't know. I have never met a wolf so I don't know what would it be like. And basicly I do not know how big they are here in Mongolia.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

So after a small circle that I did I thought it's time to go back to Poland. I experienced mongolian space for a few moments and felt satisfied. Yes, some people have strange reasons for travelling :wink:
    So I went back to my favorite town - Ulaan Baatar.
    [​IMG]

I bought earrings for a special friend of mine.
    (Nie fikaj!! Dobrze wiesz, ze o tobie mowa!!)
    [​IMG]

..and I left Ulaan Baatar.
    Fock!! Now I understand what was wrong with this city when I stayed here couple of nights. As soon as I entered the city now I had tears in my eyes and felt like I couldn't breathe. Fock! :huh Is this city SOOOO poluted or what? This is strange to me.
    As soon as I left the city I felt like all of my body could breathe again.
    I built my tent some kilometres after Ulaan Baatar. So back to Russia it shouldn't be more than 250km.

I met two Yamahas TTR 600. Weeeeeeeeeee :clap I am a big admirer of that bike. Too bad they are not produced anymore.
    [​IMG]

It's Pawel and Agnieszka from Poland. Agnieszka lives 15km from where I live :lol3 They have been travelling for 4 months. Went to Turkey, Iran, Tajikistan etc., now in Mongolia, going somehow through China (not on bikes), then SE Asia and Australia. :clap

There were also two another guys from Poland (they looked like a grandfather and a grandson) and Enrique - guy from Italy who came here on a bicycle. It only took him 4 months. :huh Damn. My deepest respect.
    I feel so small now. Smells like a sulfur. :lol3
    [​IMG]
  13. ahimsa

ahimsa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wicked stuff going on here! :clap
    I m liking it. keep it coming and ride safe! not too much sulfur :rofl
  14. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    My version of paradise. Not a single fence in sight. So jealous.
  15. ichallein

ichallein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine too. Don't bother visiting my place :(:
  16. Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès The Kanto Pain

Oddometer:
    Good stuff indeed.

To go see wide open spaces and spend some time alone finding yourself again is a very very very very very good reason to ride into the middle of nowhere Yeuop.
  17. TheGreatKahn

TheGreatKahn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR. Great pictures, I hope to see it myself someday.
  18. GreeKKTiNoS

GreeKKTiNoS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->:flug
  19. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There were some really nice bugs. It's big like half of Snickers.
    [​IMG]

So I keep going home. Back to Russia. Somehow I cannot understand why am I going west instead of going north :huh I should have passed Darkhan city that was here some two weeks ago, now it's gone. What a sulfur.
    But it's so nice here and nothing else matters..

[​IMG]

Sometimes you may see a camel.
    [​IMG]

Everything is sooooo fine but I must have taken a wrong way. What a sulfur. What a shame. Then I saw this and I already knew for sure that I took wrong way. FOCK!! Sulfur!! How could I get lost here? I don't understand..
    [​IMG]
  20. yeuop

yeuop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Initially I was pretty much pissed but then I thought it was so nice here and the road was quite ok, so let's keep going that way!!
    [​IMG]

Then I met Melousine from France. That girl is travelling on Varadero 125ccm from France tu Russia, Mongolia, back to Russia to Vladivostok and to Japan. :eek1 Damn!! And again I feel sooooo small :lol3 Sulfur!!
    [​IMG]

And some landscapes..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    westernman likes this.