POLL: Good Vibrations - F800GS AF-XIED

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by utah914, Mar 30, 2016.

?

What setting do YOU use on your F800GS AF-XIED?

1. Setting 5

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Setting 6

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Setting 7

48 vote(s)
    71.6%
  4. Setting 8

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Setting 9

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Trekka273

Trekka273 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What setting do you have it on? I have a full exhaust system on mine (Remus headers/pipe and Akrapovic muffler) and I have it set on 6 and it runs beautifully. My wife's bike, with a full stock exhaust system,, is set on 7 and runs great as well. It does take more than 100 miles for it to take full effect, generally it takes at least a few tanks of fuel for it to take full effect.
  2. at_dirt

at_dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I think mine is set at six which is the way it came, I will get some miles on it before I start messing with other things. I do not have the headers, bit have the Akrapovic muffler. It is nice to know that I might be able to match up some headers with the muffler.
  3. tb.in.sf

tb.in.sf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can remember first riding with it last year...by the time I was in the mountains & over the passes, about 200 miles away, definitely noticed a difference. Could keep it in 2nd on some of the tighter turns with a load instead of having to wander between 1st & 2nd. I was with a buddy who has the same bike and we traded off on the gravel riding once, it felt like getting on the old bike. That was all within about 500 miles of installation.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  4. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    yes, that's my biggest thing I've noticed too, being able to hold it in a revving lower gear around streets or corners where before you may have changed up or down as the buzz was getting annoying.

5. SONICJK

SONICJK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was very skeptical of this thing, it seemed too good to be true that a 200 dollar plug in could make the difference that everyone claims it does.
    I installed mine today, I've got maybe 100 miles under my belt with it.

First impression:
    Totally different bike.
    Throttle is now a throttle instead of an on/off switch at low speed.
    The decreased vibration is amazing. Before anything over 70 cruise speed vibrated badly and was generally unpleasant. Today I cruised the interstate at 90 without issue. HUGE difference here.
    Mid range torque is much improved. So much so that I found the traction control kicking on quite a few times to keep the rear tire from spinning when hitting the throttle in a turn from 20mph or so. (this has never happened before)
    High end performance is better as well, not as big of an improvement as the mid range, but it no longer falls flat on it's face at 6K, it seems to keep pulling up high.

I mostly bought this for snatchy throttle, but must say the improvement in vibration from 70-90 is a huge added bonus that I just didn't expect.
    Merlin32 likes this.
  6. DirtRich

DirtRich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered mine.
  7. Klrhani

Klrhani Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 30 years f800gs with a
    dan moto exhaust
    Uni filter
    Catless headers
    3 1 1/4 holes cut from the top of the air box
    and the AFxied unit on 7

I feel like I have lost some low end power. Any suggestions? maybe try settin 6 or 8?
  8. Klrhani

Klrhani Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a catless system as well with a performance exhaust. What did you think of setting 7? I have it on 7 right now and it seems a scotch rich
  9. Trekka273

Oddometer:
    To be honest I haven't tried setting 7. Reading the information from the manufacturer before I purchased the unit they mentioned that quite often they find that with a more open exhaust/intake it is better to run it slightly less rich than when you run with the standard setup. I gave them all of the details of my bike when I purchased, including details about the exhaust, and they advised to start with it on 6 and see how I went. I have found that it works so well on 6 that I haven't wanted to try it any richer. If I were in your position I would try it on 6 and run it for a while and see what you think.
  10. Klrhani

Klrhani Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Setting 6 is way better for my bike which is:

f800gs
    3 holes cut in an air filter
    catless headers
    danmoto exhaust
    Uni air filter
    Carbon filter delete

More raw power, less rich feeling. No dead spots, smooth all around, even when not up to temp. Setting 7 was sluggish.
  11. Trekka273

Oddometer:
    Glad it is working better for you. It is a great little unit and makes riding the bike so much more enjoyable.
  12. AK650

AK650 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Recently installed mine, and running on 7. When I read the reports of it smoothing out the engine vibes, I thought "bullshit!". But, I'll be damned if my bike doesn't feel a little smother! Real happy so far. Need to start checking mileage, to see how it affects it. Very happy with the throttle response.

Jeff
  13. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, I am getting pretty convinced this is a worthwhile item.....given that I think I sense a lean running engine in most of the throttle range. Surges just a little at the top of the rpm range, stalls unpredictably every so often and roll-on isn't what it should be. And it feels rough at higher cruise speeds. I suspect a lean condition that may be curable?

Are there imitation gadgets to avoid? Can someone tell me the best place to get on of these gadgets?....cuz I'm losing interest in riding this thing.
    And thanks!
  14. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Very interesting that it takes some of the vibrations away. I wonder if it would work on a 2017 F800gsa with th new euro 4? Anybody tried yet?
  16. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    The only diff that bike has is a diff muffler and fly by wire throtle instead if cable, it will work the same

17. madmaximum

madmaximum She said we're all idiots

Oddometer:
    BUMP

Will this work on a '16 F800GT?
  18. Klrhani

Klrhani Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am actually selling my unit. Feel free to message me and I’ll ship it out today if you want. Ships out from a Washington D.C.
  19. Paulie M

Paulie M Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just installed on my bike yesterday on my 2011 F8. Although I have only put on a few hundred kms, I have noticed a difference right away.
    1. Vibration in the bars has disappeared. At 5000 rpm and going 120/130 km/h
    2. Smoother throttle control. Not as sharp or jumpy.
    3. Mid range power, I have noticed a difference. When you roll on the throttle, the bike wants to take off like a rocket compared to before.

Overall, I glad I installed this thing.
  20. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your report might get me off my butt to install mine now. What settings have you started with?