POLL: stator / alternator failure on F800GS/F650GS twins please vote!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by JRWooden, May 6, 2012.

?

Please vote your situation & mileage AT FAILURE or multiple failures

Poll closed Dec 25, 2015.
  1. NO failure - current mileage 0 - 20K miles

47.6%
  2. NO failure - current mileage 20K - 40K miles

21.7%
  3. NO failure - current mileage 40K - 60K miles

4.9%
  4. NO failure - current mileage 60K+ miles

0.2%
  5. YES - one failure at: 0 - 20K miles

2.6%
  6. YES - one failure at: 20K - 40K miles

12.4%
  7. YES one failure at: 40K - 60K miles

6.7%
  8. YES one failure at: 60K+ miles

1.5%
  9. MULTIPLE FAILURES

2.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Question: I have seen my voltage drop from high 13s to high 12s while riding at high RPMs.....
    How do you know if it is the stator starting to go or the battery going bad?
  2. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    With all that paranoia I ordered a voltmeter from advmonster :lol3
    Stupid question but since it'S a 3 wire system do I need to put two cables on the battery and the third one on the headlight wiring or is it more complicated than that?
  3. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    The way it is worded at least on the website is a bit screwy if you ask me ...

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-Meters-and-Gauges/Categories.bok

"Three wire connection: Red power, Blue voltage signal, Black ground

Wiring allows the voltmeter to measure a different source than what is powering the meter. Connect power and ground to a switched connection and the meter will turn on with your vehicle."

If it were me I would connect:

* black to ground/negative terminal of battery
    * blue to the positive terminal of battery
    * red (I think "power" means power that actually runs / turns the meter on and off) to the switched power line of the GPS connector in front of the battery or to headlight if you prefer.

color-code for GPS connector can be found here:

http://f800riders.org/forum/showthr...g-Battery-Voltage-Monitor-amp-amp-GPS-adapter
  4. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    I'd say something is going bad that's for sure, but I would not jump to conclusion that it is the stator without doing some checking ....

Could be stator, R/R, maybe battery, or bad connections somewhere ...

Some nice diagnostic guides here:
    http://www.electrosport.com/technical-resources/diagnosis-center

Good stuff in this thread also:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15863277&postcount=5

Good luck hunting it down, it can be tricky sometimes ...
    One of the guys here had a R/R that would intermittently freak out...
  5. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Have I ever told you how much I luv ya? Thank you very much for that Jim!
  6. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks JR... I am thinking something wonky...Ride to work 12.5...Ride home from work 13.9-14.0
  7. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    No problem ... one of these days I'm going to get my a$$ in a deep jam, and I know before it happens y'all will be firguring out how to get me a new stator in Peru or a new FPC in Columbia.... :freaky
  8. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    are you using heated clothing / higher load on the way in?
    Could just be heat building up in the engine ....
    whatever it is ... it just ain't right......................... :cry
  9. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope nothing different. She has 60K miles on her, just gonna ride her till she stops.
  10. Heos racer

Heos racer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So did mine.
    Greetings from Germany
  11. paddlinfool

paddlinfool 3rd midlife crisis

Oddometer:
    I think my stator is dying a slow death. There seems to be just enough to keep the bike running, but not enough to give the battery cranking amps. I do have a Wunderlich battery cable/booster set up installed (that I thought I'd never use but am I ever glad its there...) I've had to jump her 3 times...I'm not going to push my luck. My local BMW dealer is going to try and see if he can get a new stator goodwilled from BMW as she is only 3 months outside of warranty. Funny thing, when he looked up availability, there where none in Canada and only 4 in Germany. That tells a story! All the 09/10's are burnin up! Fingers crossed! Here's some background info....3 long distance hauls averaging 7000 miles, the rest just local stuff. Total of 32,000 miles. One trip was summer of 2012, 20 straight 10 hour days of 100 plus degree heat. Maybe that sent it on its way? I can't imagine the insane heat generated around the stator on that trip. I don't run anything other than 2 55w halogens, a GPS and a tiny little amp for my XM radio......oh, and they've quoted $1250.00 for parts and 3 hours labour. Come onnnn BMW! Do me right and accept that you've used BS stators in your f800's !!!
  12. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you load tested the battery ?
  13. JoelWisman

JoelWisman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto on the battery though it's a chicken or egg thing now. If the battery wasn't bad, it is now after all of this or at the least it's service life is greatly shortened.

Good luck and know that regardless of what is or isn't said, BMW knows they had a design flaw with the old stator and has their fingers crossed for the updated design.
  14. EnderTheX

EnderTheX Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    My vote needs to be moved to "Multiple failures" :eek1

First one was at 17000 miles, second was at 27000 miles. I'm just lucky it was within 2 years of the original failure :huh
  15. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    Lately I have noticed (via my installed Battery Bug) that my idling voltage is fluctuating between 14.1 to 14.3 volts. But, at any RPM over idle, the voltage fluctuates between 13.7 and 13.9 volts. It seems that when I installed the BB over a year ago, the voltage always fluctuated consistently between 13.7 and 14.0 volts, regardless of RPMs. Is the recent change in idling voltage a potential indicator of impending stator failure? Why is it higher at idle than when the engine is turning faster?

I'm electrically retarded...:shog
  16. Reaver

Reaver How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer:
    I can't explain it adequately but both our bikes have a higher idle voltage similar to what you wrote. If you were experiencing impending failure, typically one phase of three quits first. Turn everything on and plug in a heated vest or something for a simple load check and see what the voltage does.
  17. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you start seeing 12s is when you have to worry.
  18. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys.
  19. RexBuck

RexBuck Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK, now that I have a real voltmeter on the bike, I can have some hard information to worry about. :deal

So, bringing my bike down to Calif in November, I’m in some pretty chilly weather ranging from 35F to 40F for the first couple of days. With all my stuff on (jacket liner, grips and spot lights) and drawing max 140 watts, which should be nowhere near maximum, I keep a close eye on the voltage anyhow. This is what I saw – all at highway speeds:

Most of the time (once voltage recovered after starting) the voltage rapidly fluctuated between 13.3 to 14.1 and over the day would usually deteriorate to a range of 13.1 to 14. The rapid fluctuations would be the heated gear cycling and I’m thinking this range is OK

Every once in awhile (2 or 3 times a day) the range would suddenly drop down to 12.25 to 12.85 for a period of roughly 10 – 15 minutes and then recover. This seems weird to me as the only thing I could think of that would cause such a drop would be the fan coming on which I doesn’t make any sense at low temperatures and at speed.

When I got into California and it started to warm up, I turned everything off and the voltage would only recover to 13.85 and before leveling off for the rest of the day

The next day I went for a bit of a ride in the morning (low 60’s) with everything off and it quickly shot up to 14.3 volts and stayed there

Battery voltage in the morning before starting is 13.7
    Now reading these threads, it seems the minimum voltage I should see is nothing below either 13.6 volts or 12.8 volts . . . depending on who you talk to . . . before I see bad stuff happen to my electrical system.

So, two things stand out to me that seem to be out of whack: 1) The periodic drop down to 12.25 – 12.85 and 2) The one time when the system couldn’t get a voltage over 13.85 with everything off.

Unfortunately, I forgot my multi-meter on my way down but will have it when I go back so I have not had a chance to check the stator. I’ll have it with me when I go back and will try to check it right off the bat. I’m heading down to Mexico so to be cautious I decided to book an appointment with the dealership to have them check it out also and will give some extra time in case they need to order some parts.

Booking my appointment with the service writer and describing the problem and what I wanted done, the service writer asked me how my battery was. I told him I have an AntiGravity 16 cell lithium and he immediately said that was probably the problem. “We have tons of bikes coming in with similar problems and they are fixed once we replace the lithium with an OEM battery.” WTF :huh. . . I said to myself. Asked him how a battery would cause fluctuations like that and his response was “I don’t know how it works but I do know in the real world that this has been the main solution to these problems.” :baldy I’m going to assume he is an idiot and hopefully their mechanics have a bit more knowledge than he does. This is a large dealership and seems to have a pretty good reputation so, I’ll remain positive about it.

Any comments about my fluctuating voltages or the service writers comments?
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]-->
  20. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    for a weird problem any mechanic will first want to take it back to stock condition. then you can add the mods and see which one causes the issue. The OE spent a lot of time trying to make it right, testing, fixing.

the battery does a lot of noise filtering, and the regulator set point can be affected by noise. More or less noise than OE.

Rod