Pony Express track from RideWithGPS

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Eastbay Dirtbag, Oct 10, 2019 at 3:04 PM.

1. Eastbay Dirtbag

Eastbay Dirtbag one track mind

Oddometer:
    This route and track was created by Jan Bennett and posted on Ride With GPS. I have not ridden it but I thought it was worth sharing.

Her goal was to ride a mostly gravel/dirt route on a "gravel" bicycle across the west following the original Pony Express route (similar concept to the Great Divide).

https://ridewithgps.com/ride_reports/3588-scouting-the-pony-express

I compared her route to Cannonshot's and the two rarely overlap because she takes dirt/backroads as much as possible. His route ends in Wyoming. She continues to Sacramento (in her write-up she ends in San Francisco). Countdown has tracks beyond Wyoming. I did not look at those.

In her write-up she mentions taking pavement due to bad weather etc but I believe the tracks are all planned/scouted/pre-ridden and not actuals from her end-to-end trip. In other words, the tracks are the maximum gravel plan.

There are sections she mentions that will have to be bypassed by motos:
    A private ranch in Wyoming.
    Single-track near Tahoe.
    Rail-trail through Sacramento.

She does not mention it, but she might have used bicycle paths in other cities.

Attached Files: