PORK FEST 2011 Sept. 23,24,25th, 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by AZCPP, Jul 2, 2011.

1. AZ4us

AZ4us AZ Explorer

Oddometer:
    I will try to make it. But that weekend I will be traveling in another country.
    I need to do it again !!!!

2. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well guys. Sounds like everyone had a great time again. Sorry I was not there this year. I do plan on getting back to riding soon.
    YB, Reidy. Those were some of the worst places you could have ridden up there. On the big bikes with gear etc. My hats off to all of you. I've been in that boat up there a few times. Coming down the steep down hill out of Dupont cabin and that whole area is definitly small bike terrain and even then it gives many a fit.
    Great Pictures and great ride reports.
    Chuck, Sorry I wasn't there to help out this year. I have been busy letting my wife have the calendar and making up for 4 years of caregiving for her mom. she deserves it. I'll be back soon though.
    4play. Your right about broken bones and injurys that take time and doctors and xrays and surgery to fix for the trophy but maybe its time to make a 'CAN'T FIX STUPID' award. Or maybe a 'IT'S ONLY A FLESH WOUND' award.

Great Job Chuck and crew.

Uncle Mil T
  3. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want the story of how a KLR hits a crossing guard that hard... spill the beans :)
  4. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    I would also like to thank all those who were willing to lend a helping hand while trying I was trying to resolve my overheating problem due to a "no worky fan" . Ironhorse Ike stuck it out with me and made sure I made it back to camp.:clap

Thanks to all. :freaky

Attached Files:

5. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:

I heard that someone bet him 50-cents that he couldn't make the 2.5 miles from camp to 260 in 2 1/2 minutes. You know us cheapskate KLR owners will do anything to win a money bet :lol3......
  6. ybracing

ybracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a sad story really. He wanted to go straight and the cattle guard just refused to move so he said he would teach it a lesson. He forgot he was not in his Sherman tank at the time. :rofl

Seriously, I believe he went under the knife yesterday for his collar bone.

Heal up soon!
  7. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    When did he do this? Was it leaving to go home?
  8. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm

Oddometer:
    Yes, he was on his way home and the cattelguard before the highway jumped out in front of Bill. Buddy hauled him and the bike to Phoenix and I followed to help unload it. The ricochet off of the cattle guard had to be a site to see. :huh
  9. Reidy008

Oddometer:
    Dam that sucks... heel well. He has to be eligable for the trophy ...:clap
  10. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    That cattle guard should be taught a lesson with jack hammer and a sledge hammer. Nobody attacks a KLR and gets away with it. I feel bad thatwe rode right by everybody without knowing what was going on and waving to everybody like you were partying no rescuing. Bill.. recover fast !
  11. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another vid. from Pork Fest.

<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 232px; HEIGHT: 130px; OVERFLOW: hidden">[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top>PORKFEST9
    POSTED BY: dr650seddy
    <SMALL>PorkFest9 </SMALL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  12. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
    What the heck is wrong with my fancy shmancey high intensity LED brakelight? Was it doing that all day Eddie? It's supposed to strobe, then go solid... not blink randomly all the way down the trail.:huh
    Hmmm, I wandered out to the garage and played with it in the garage and it seems to be working fine.
  13. DR650SEDDY

Oddometer:
    It was blinking most of z time when u were in front of me check z other videos. Maybe because u were braking for quick second or 2 here & there not long enough to turn solid. Buttom line i felt i was in a Night-Club when riding behind u:lol3:lol3...
  14. rickcool72

rickcool72 mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer:
    Was that shot with an HD GoPro Hero? If so, what cover? The one with the openings or the sealed one? The sound of your motorcycle is awesome, inspiring. I dig videos like yours with no fancy background music or special effects. Just the real thing. Great job!:clap
  15. DR650SEDDY

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, it's actually a Vholdr
    Contour1080HP, very simple to use extremely lite weight and bullet proof.
  16. NDTransplant

NDTransplant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice videos, Eddy. Thanks for posting.:clap
  17. Reidy008

Oddometer:
    How is the bike looking after a week to sprouce it up?
  18. NDTransplant

Oddometer:
    Well......

I had Dillon install some Heidenau Scouts front and rear, so now I can really get into trouble.:lol3

It would be a frightening sum if I were to replace every peice that was scratched, bent, or broken, but I don't think I'll replace any of the plastics, as there will surely be more adventures to come with the Versys.:wink:

Don't know why I can't get this picture resized....

[​IMG]

The 690 went bye-bye yesterday to another happy owner, bigbugberg on advrider. A very nice guy to do business with, I might add. On to the next project....

[​IMG]

19. AZCPP

AZCPP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bill, let's see the front Heidenau.
  20. NDTransplant

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM, Chuck