1. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    Greg, here's a few points to mull over.

1) a piece of unsolicited advice: If you love motorcycling as much as you say you do, and use it as an escape, DO NOT do anything that makes it a profession. Eventually, it'll become work, then you will grow to dislike it. I am a professional glassblower. I used to love making glass. Now, after almost ten years running a glassblowing factory, I can't wait to get out of there on Friday. There are a few magical people who manage to mach their passion their profession, but it is a tough road.

2) If you do want to go ahead with this, be warned that you will be in customer service. Call it motorcycle guide touring or whatever, but it's all the same. Frankly, I'd rather stab my dick with an icepick than be in customer service. I get to hide in my studio and make other people deal with customers.

3) If you do get into it, and you do have a bad experience, don't bitch about it on the internet. It gets you nowhere, and it makes a bad impression on you future clientele. I certainly understand your frustration, as I understand the points of view of the other parties involved, but if you are the service provider, you have to maintain the high road. It sucks, because sometimes you really want to tear someone a new one, but the next guy sees that, and is perhaps more likely to find someone else.

It is especially important not to take it personal, or make it personal.

Anyway, don't give up so easy.

I'd love to ride along sometime, but you will have to slow down. I tend to keep tha pace down. Less bodily harm that way.

Cheers,

Luca
  2. Darin

Darin WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)

Oddometer:
    :eek1
  3. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
  4. das Rider

das Rider Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer:
    Well said Luca. It's all about the customer. The customer is always right. That is, if you want customers.