Portable Air Compressors

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Myles Whitfield, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Myles Whitfield

Myles Whitfield Studly Moderator

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any experience, knowledge, or recommendations regarding portable electric air compressors?

Thought it might be a handy thing to have collecting dust in my garage.
  2. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    http://www.airman.dk/

If you're using Nutscrape, you'll get a nice error page telling you they only support IE 4.0 or greater. Bastages.

I don't have one, just came across it from the GS mailing list. Just sumptin to look at......

Looks pretty handy, though, battery, 12V and 110v capable. Even a little extension hose to fit on to the stem.
  3. stevenknapp

stevenknapp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got an airman for xmas. Nice size, have not tried it yet. Got a good write-up in MCN.

FWIW, it's sold in a number of places, $49 at...Nashbar or Performance bike for the rechargable version. Much less than elsewhere. Same unit, different color (black, not clear/orange).
  4. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    I keep a small 110 v. compressor in my garage that is handy for maintaning proper tire pressure. But just before Christmass I bought a small 12v air compressor at a Dollar Store for $10. I fugured for the price, couldn't go wrong. It is small enough to carry in the bags, or even tank bag, for off roading. I thought if I ever have to let air out for some real rough stuff, I'll have it to air back up at the tarmac. I used it to air up a flat car tire the other day and it worked well.
  5. drholm

drholm Easily Amused

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a small 12V compressor at Target for $25. Small enough to go in a side case and worked great the first time I put it to use on a flat car tire. Can run it off the bike with a BMW to cig adapter.
    :thumb