Portland, Or GS maintenance clinic this Sunday!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Rubber Cow, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow GS Dork

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    There is a PDXGS club maintenance clinic this Sunday. I will be leading the ride this Sunday from Stumptown Coffee to Steve Prokop's shop in Dundee for a Tech Day/Clinic. Steve is a great guy and a great BMW trained mechanic who has bravely decided to host this event despite our reputation for mayhem. That said, we'll be leaving Stumptown at 9AM SHARP! Okay, maybe 9:10.....We will head out to the Starbucks at Scholls Ferry and Murray Roads where we will regroup with those who live on the West side (around 9:30). From there we will head out to Dundee via some great backroads including some very mild gravel (if time allows). At Steves we will learn about BMW maintenance tricks and issues including girlie F650s. Steve will also address andy questions you may have re: moto maintenance.
    We are going to try and order pizza for lunch and then scatter for the return home.
    I'll probably head back to Beaverton/Aloha via the same backroads.
    If you need any further info. reply to this post or look at:
    to the PDXGS website
    Cheers,
    Jorge
  2. BumbleBeemer

BumbleBeemer Surfaces Occasionally

Oddometer:
    It was great to finally get out with the PDXGS group.
    Thanks to Steve for opening his shop to us and sharing
    some knowledge.

I'm still laughing at the air filter turned comfy mouse house...

Jim
  3. Deacon

Deacon Ready, shoot, aim

Oddometer:
    Jorge, thanks for putting together a super day with Steve and Brian. A little knowledge goes along way to understanding the bike and my limitations/skills in dealing with it. You certainly get a good understanding of how the bike works and more importantly watching skilled and knowledgable wrenches work. Both Steve and Brian are examples of what all tech's should be. The devil is in the details and they do pay attention.

Bike goes back Tues for 6k service and a few other modifications. Comforting to know that there is a reliable source for work locally.

Deacon:):

Check out the pics...http://homepage.mac.com/shlbrn/PhotoAlbum3.html