Post your shots, old or new, taken on film

Discussion in 'Photos' started by abruzzi, Aug 20, 2019.

1. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I kinda got bored with digital cameras, and dove headfirst back into the world of film photography. Now I'm shooting everything from 35mm up to large format 4x5. On my bike trips I'll either take one of my 35mm cameras or my medium format Bronica.

So, am I the only person here shooting film, or are there others? Post your pics if you have them, but I'll start off with a few medium format shots taken on a 10 day bike trip from Southern New Mexico to Yellowstone and back.

All the shots were taken on a Bronica ETRSi on Ektar 100 film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Metalcarver, 9Realms, alpina and 4 others like this.
  2. 9mm

9mm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    interesting development!

No seriously where are you getting film developed?
  3. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    plenty of mail order places. These rolls were mailed to https://www.precision-camera.com, but there is also http://thedarkroom.com and lots of others. Any black and white I shoot I develop myself, and I've toyed with developing color, but never done it for important stuff.
    9Realms likes this.
  4. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some shots taken in the area, on various B&W films on 35mm, am I the only person here that still shoots film?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Parcero, bomose and NxtGoRnd like this.
  5. twtex85

twtex85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    fullsizeoutput_2369.jpeg fullsizeoutput_19d5.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1dcd.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2383.jpeg fullsizeoutput_231d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2378.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2379.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2372.jpeg
    No your not the only one shooting film. Film is making a smalll comeback and there are some new films that have been released lately. Here some i shot in both black and white and color (ecktar 100). I like film because it forces you to slow down and focus on making the shot right when you are composing it . Colors come out different on film depending on what film you are shooting. There are some things you can do with digital that you can't do with film so I think both are great mediums.
    Metalcarver, 9Realms and NxtGoRnd like this.
  6. bomose

bomose Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't have any new pics, but took lots in the old days. These were taken with an Olympus XA that I bought back in '79. It was the first pocket sized 35mm, I believe. Still have it.
    3 Rs (Medium)edit.JPG 81 @ waterfall 2.JPG
    9Realms and MattiR like this.
  7. Pokie

Pokie Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer:
    I thought I was one of the holdouts, but alas, I did finally switch over. Most of my photos were of a technical nature, but now with digital, I get much better detail. I do miss film though.
  8. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had actually switched out to digital over 15 yeas ago, but on a whim a few years ago, I bought a Pentax Super Program because I could use some of my DSLR lenses on it. I had so much fun, that I’ve gone back to film completely. My digital is now used full time to digitize film.

Thanks for posting the photos! I took my new-to-me Ulysses out for some photos (I don’t really have any bike photos) this weekend, so hopefully I’ll have something more bike related to post soon.
  9. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    I still have an old F100 and some nice glass. I’m packing as we speak for a trip and am seriously considering taking it along instead of a digital camera. I just don’t want one more electronic thing to have to charge, and I kinda miss shooting Velvia.
  10. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    What battery does the F100 take? I have a F4 and a N90S, but for AF/AE cameras, I prefer my Pentax MZ-S. The batteries are a bit expensive (two CR2 batteries at $12 for the pair), but I get around 15 rolls out of that battery. The F4 and N90S just use AA batteries, but they're both much bigger than the Pentax.
  11. jkam

jkam Nomadic Man

Oddometer:
    My buddy took this one of me using a Polaroid.
    jkam on a YZ 125 Circa 1973.
    j 1975.jpg
    mikegc and bomose like this.
  12. twtex85

twtex85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I started shooting film again with my Canon TLB that goes way back to 1975 . It is completely mechanical with no electronic viewfinders or auto focus. Dug it out and had it cleaned ,lubed , and adjusted and it still works great .
    Liked shooting with film so much that I picked up a AE 1 program as a second camera and a few more FD lenses.
    The nice thing about film is that you can pick up a nice used Canon or Nikon camera along with a few good lenses for less then what a entry level enthusiast digital camera costs.
    Lots of young people are discovering that film is still a viable way to take pictures.
  13. MattiR

MattiR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1b52.jpg
    August 2017, Minolta X-300 + MD 50mm and Fomapan 400 Action. Self-developed.
    9Realms and bomose like this.
  14. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Went back to school at 53 years old in 2013 for photography. Had a hoot of a time in the darkroom playing with B & W film.

Instructor was a kind fellow, he had taught at the same school since 1966 and is still there.

A favorite from the first weeks of class working with film:

Most of my co-students were 17 and 18 year olds. Could not believe how supportive they were of a geezer in their class.
    I certainly was not expecting them to be so accepting and encouraging at that time.

KLR-650 school pic on film.jpg

I scanned and recycled the original 35mm image-negative in the second year when I had digital photography in college.
    Photoshop and I got to be close friends, to a high level of annoyance. :lol3
    Hey, it was part of the curriculum!

I have some odd shit decorating my apartment.

dino on the road-herm.jpg
    Scubawerx, bomose and Metalcarver like this.
  15. Rachael Chavez

Rachael Chavez n00b

Oddometer:
    just few photos in my journey with friends. The view is awesome although we have some problems with the map

2 player games

Attached Files:

bomose likes this.
  16. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    those were shot on film? they look pretty digital to me, I'd be curious what film was used.
  17. KSO

KSO Grab a Handfull

Oddometer:
    20161209_165420.jpg many a moon ago
  18. Rachael Chavez

Rachael Chavez n00b

Oddometer:
    We used Digital SLR to take photos, I don't remember the brand because it's not mine. If you really want to know, I'll ask the friend who own this camera for you
  19. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    No need. This thread was intended for film photos, not digital, and the photos you posted looked very digital to me. I was just trying to determine if the photos were film, and if so, what film.