Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Twotaildog, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Old Mule

Old Mule Long timer

Oddometer:
    Overland Missouri, home of 1950s sidecar tech.
    Yes, now this entire inspiring saga, beginning to end, needs to be an actual glossy colorful heavy BOOK! I'd be first in line.
    Twotaildog likes this.
  2. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    gl245
    Yes you can but not to put water on fire beyond the bike / prep is cost major $$ cash to do this . 30 to 60 grand from what I ve read . There are bike you can get that aren't worth what an Indian / hd / Vincent / brought are worth . A motorcycle of 1914- 36 5 to 20 grand depending on what you choose and what year the cut off is for the canon ball run . I think it's been per 15 , 36 , 16 but I could be wrong .

You could pick up something english eg 1924 Terrot L 175 for about 6 grand in england . A Royal Enfield Model 505 1929 for 10 grand https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C951767 . 500cc Side Valve Triumph will run around 9 to 15 grand in good shape.
    a Hudsona 1921 model 2 stroke , 211cc in good old patina , restored in 60s is for sale for 8 grand .
    [​IMG]

1913 Precision 499cc about 15 grand
    [​IMG]

Displacement: 499cc - 3.5hp Precision engine
    Bore/stroke: 85x88m
    Engine type: 4-stroke / sv
    Cylinders: 1
    Gearbox: Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub

Frame number: A174

it's all depend if you can also find something on clist . a few times I ve seen stuff pop up for cheap that the local seller didnt' know was worth much . Also you might find something at one of 8 or so major auctions / motorcycle flea markets held around usa / canada. Go for it you could get lucky with finding a ride and have all the stars aline .
    Twotaildog and JagLite like this.
  3. jeep44

jeep44 junk collector

Oddometer:
    Yes, I know the high cost of a suitable machine-I've been going to Wauseon since the '80s. I'd be inclined to search out a British single cylinder bike of the proper time period. We'll see if I can follow through with this.
    Twotaildog, zookster and JagLite like this.
  4. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    it would be cool if a British bike won !
    Old Mule and Twotaildog like this.
  5. jeep44

jeep44 junk collector

Oddometer:
    A bunch of Nortons, and at least one Triumph made all the miles this year.
    Old Mule and Twotaildog like this.
  6. oldroadie

oldroadie Two wheel addict

Oddometer:
    Two single cylinder Triumphs placed 9th and 11th, model H and model P.
    Twotaildog likes this.
  7. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Thanks all, for keeping the thread alive while I was on the Cannonball. I am truly amazed at how many ADV Riders came out to chat with us along the way. What a great group. I'm proud to be a part of it.

I'm off to pay my penance and do a project for work. It's the price I pay. I might not have much time to post until I get back, but I promise to keep this thread alive.

Here is a video of the last 3 miles, and the finish.

Kevin

8. olderigetfasteriam

olderigetfasteriam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the video.
    Twotaildog likes this.
  9. jeep44

jeep44 junk collector

Oddometer:
    Are you going to put that sidecar on your bike now?
  10. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    I'd like to but it doesn't fit. It's made for a rigid frame.

Kevin

jeep44 likes this.
  11. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Also, I wanted to mention that we raised $200 for Angie through t shirt sales. I wish it were more, but hopefully it will help feed the kids in the short term. Angie gets her first brain surgery on Tuesday, then they have to wait like 6 months for it to heal and do the other side. Prayers.

Kevin

12. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    if there s a next time consider putting up a go fund me page .
  13. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Good suggestion. I'm not sure if you meant for the Cannonball, or for Angie, but here is the one for Angie:
    https://www.gofundme.com/ypdu6r-angies-expenses

Thanks!

Kevin

JagLite and Old Mule like this.
  14. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Before I get too busy, I wanted to post these videos of the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier Park. It's a lot of footage, I haven't had time to edit it. I hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Kevin

jeep44, FR700, zookster and 4 others like this.
  15. KansasKawboy

KansasKawboy KK

Oddometer:
    Thank you Kevin, That road is one of many places I would like to see and probably never will. I just got to see it from the saddle of a 1916 Indian! :super
    FR700, JagLite and Twotaildog like this.
  16. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Congratulations on your finish and thank you for the videos. I'm staying subscribed so when you get caught up and add to this thread I won't miss any of the good stuff.
    Twotaildog likes this.
  17. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Jason and LeeAnn just announced this publicly on Facebook, so I guess I can pass it on now.

Most of you know that ten years ago, one man set out to become the first person to take a group of like-minded antique motorcycle riders across the United States on machines that were only often seen in museums and private collections. In 2010, Lonnie Isam Jr’s dream and bold sense of adventure took him and his friends from one ocean to the other, forever setting the standard of endurance for man and machine. Since 2010, history has been made and continues to be made; machines are coming out of the woodwork, they are being ridden, they are being enjoyed, and they are being put to the Motorcycle Cannonball test.

Now it is time to announce the next adventure…the next epic journey… the next ride…it will be nothing to take lightly. This next experience will be different from what we have done in the past. It will be again a test of true endurance. It will pit “Man vs. Machine” on some of the best two lane, back roads that our beautiful country has to offer!

The Motorcycle Cannonball has now successfully navigated across the United States five times, with the latest run in 2018; in which we managed to take over 100 ninety year old and older machines from coast to coast going from Portland, ME to Portland, OR. Now, in September of 2020, we plan to write a whole new chapter in history with the 6th Motorcycle Cannonball Endurance Run.

Qualifying bikes for this event will feature motorcycles manufactured before 1930, including motorcycles manufactured in 1929 and older.

This time we will be changing it up a bit, instead of the traditional East Coast to West Coast, we will be starting in the north in Sault Ste. Marie, MI located on the Canadian border and in the Heart of the Great lakes which is considered the 4th coast and making our way to the east coast landing in Kitty Hawk, NC for a 10 year Motorcycle Cannonball Anniversary Reunion. After our day off in Myrtle Beach, SC we will navigate our way through the deep south eventually making our way to the southern most point of Texas touching the Mexican Border near Brownsville, TX and having our grand finale on the island of South Padre Island, TX.

We will start accepting applications for the 2020 Motorcycle Cannonball starting on 12/18/2018 stay tuned to Social Media and the Website for further instructions and information.

[​IMG]

Kevin

18. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Looking forward to following another Cannonball via the magic of the internet and hopefully be at the Grand Finish again.
    JagLite and Twotaildog like this.
  19. zookster

zookster Chupacabra

Oddometer:
    Looks like you will be visiting Birmingham, AL. Looking forward to that!
    Twotaildog likes this.
  20. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    It will be worth another trip to Luckenbach just to see you guys again. I'll be looking forward to the time line.

jdg
    Twotaildog likes this.