Prairie Dealerships?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Grainbelt, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    looking to pick up a Kawasaki 650R, or potentially a Ducati multistrada 620. I just found out that I can get GIVI side mounts for the Kawasaki, so the economist in me may end up going that route. Also, I know I can get leo vince pipes for the 650 that make it sound oh-so-nice.

I'm in Saskatoon. Willing to head as far as Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, obviously Regina, if anybody has a dealer for either marque that they trust and enjoy doing business with.

Also, anybody know if I can avoid 7% PST in SK by making a purchase in AB? Works out to at least $500, so it may be worth it. :deal
  2. sasky

sasky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Head to Parker Motosports here in Regina. Good dealer...they have my support.

Sasky
  3. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Blackfoot in Calgary had one a week ago. I'm sure they carry several in stock.
  4. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Headingly Kawasaki , (just west of Winnipeg is good to deal with.

The 650R (a bike I lust over) is overpriced in Canada. You would be better to buy one just across the border and bring it back.
  5. Grainbelt

Oddometer:
    While I agree to a certain extent, I have been quoted $500-$1000 UNDER MSRP out the door, just taxes to add on. At that point, even at 1.1 to 1, its not too bad of a beating to do it locally.

Will let y'all know how it turns out.
  6. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Reguardless of where you buy, as soon as you get in back in Sk and attempt to register it, you will pay PST. If you lived in AB and moved to SK, the wonderful SK government would charge you PST on your vehicles when you move there.

It truely is a great province :puke1

I can say that, cause I am/was/is from there.
  7. Grainbelt

Oddometer:
    Gets a little convoluted because I'm a US citizen temporarily wkg in Canada. I brought my car here, paid no GST or PST, and registered and insured it in SK with a MN title.

I'm not sure I could pull that stunt with a brand new car/bike, because I'd have to apply for a title somewhere, and I have no residence in MN to do so with.