1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-mix Ratio on a YZ125

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by JarrettP, Apr 29, 2020.

1. JarrettP

JarrettP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I dragged my wife's 93 YZ125 out of storage over the weekend and took it for a quick spin. The original manual states to run 24:1 premix with yamalube or 20:1 with any other brand. That seemed extremely rich to me seeing as how I run my 125SX hard at 40:1 but I mixed up some 20:1 Klotz Benol anyways. After a couple minutes of riding it seemed pretty dogish and the fender was absolutely coated in splooge. I feel like I should be able to get away with 32:1 and maybe it would be a little faster? The bike is all stock except for an iron sleeve and stock bore weisco piston. I don't want to over do it and seize the bike, but 20:1 is just beyond my comprehension at this point. If any of you have experience with these older YZ125s that would be much appreciated, most of what I've found on the internet is for newer 00's bikes.
  2. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Old or new bike shouldn't make a difference IMO. Use good oil. I use Motuls at 50 to 1 in everything. Bikes, chainsaws whatever.
    jimroid likes this.
  3. dave0

dave0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As above, but your jetting will be rich!
  4. mikeysduck

mikeysduck Slow Ride to Nowhere

Oddometer:
    spokester likes this.