Preorder open for the GG TXE Electric.

Discussion in 'Trials' started by CDN Rick, Feb 6, 2018.

1. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/news/813-the-world-electric-trial-champion-the-gasgas.html

GasGas presents the new TXE, the first and only electric trial bike with mechanical clutch and six-speed gear box. The dream of riding the TrialE Cup winner bike has become a reality for the most expert fans of this discipline. They will now be able to make the innovative electric trial bike from Torrot's off-road subsidiary their very own from next July.

Didn't see another thread on this one yet..
    Finally some hard details on the bike that Colomer has been riding.

That price though!!! :yikes
  2. inbred

inbred Sweeter than Yoo-hoo

Oddometer:
    I'm not an experienced trials guy, but I wonder how the Electric Motion Sport racks up against the gasgas for $4000 less. Probably inferior from the looks of it. In any event I wish that the Euro symbol was incorrect and it was meant to be in pesos.
    CDN Rick likes this.
  3. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    At 12.5k euro, they're being smart and keeping production low and 'exclusive'. To my mind, as to the GG vs the EM Sport, I'd fork over the $4k for a real clutch and gearbox any day.
    Norman Foley, CDN Rick and slicktop like this.
  4. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails

Oddometer:
    ZapZap needs to come down on that price a bit. Maybe in a couple years I can afford one.
  5. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer:
    Do the Euro to US Dollar conversion, delete the EU VAT and the bike is about $12,800.
    CDN Rick likes this.
  6. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I would love to play on one, however until they are at least under the cost of my Montesa 300RR I can't justify even considering one...
    Norman Foley likes this.
  7. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    This one has been in the development wings for some years. That price will very much limit sales.

The Mecatecno T12 is of similar design philosophy though the form is it's own and not based on a liquid-fuel engine.

The GasGas intro is bad news and for Mecatecno because it's good to be first to market in the hard release of a clutch and multi-speed electric bike. Mecatecno and Dale Malasek are taking their sweet time, with soft announcements here and there.

I need to check with Dale on the latest news.

The GasGas price is good news for Mecatecno because I seriously doubt the price will be sky high. Who uses what battery technology will be a price differentiator.

The Mecatecno T12 Dragonfly will likely be significantly lighter (owing to the newer format), and it may be equally capable... or perhaps better in a shootout?

We shall see, hopefully. Both of these bikes have been seen in competitions in Yurp. Maybe soon we mortals in the vast region of North America will get eyes on and swing leg over one or both.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  8. motodojo

motodojo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like Tron
    slicktop likes this.
  9. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Will it really? up over 10k for the vertigo and or the honda, now isn't it? And closer to 12 k for the vertigo one that is the titanium version? sure won't be mainstream just yet...
  10. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer:
    The Gas Gas has already beaten the Mecatecno in competition. Trial ECup was held at French World Round last year and Marc Colomer on the GG beat Cesar Panicot on the Mecatecno. Jordi Mila on a Mecatecno was last, after his bike quit in a section. 6 EMotions and a single SoRev filled out the field.
  11. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marc ha. That is like having Sanz riding the womens class and saying how great the bike worked.
    CDN Rick and Brewtus like this.
  12. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I had seen euro pricing for the Mecatecno already somewhere.. It wasn't very far behind this IIRC.

While I agree that the competition was hardly fair with Colomer on the Gasser. It didn't bode well for Mecatecno that both bikes failed to finish on their first major showing to the public..
    That created another hill for Dale to climb. Do you think his bike is capable of climbing it?!
  13. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    This reminds me, I need to buy some premix oil.
    KevinBB, Fallacy, slicktop and 4 others like this.
  14. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Mecatecno has been vaporware for what feels like years. The GG really exists. One of the biggest mistakes companies can make is promising this really amazing thing, and then dragging out its actual production long past the point people have become frustrated with waiting and moved on to other options.
  15. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    I don't think either one actually exists at this point. Gas Gas has just offered to take our money.
    Has anyone heard whether the Gas gas will come with a spare battery and charger?
    I'd love to have a e bike but I would insist on a spare battery regardless of the available range/time on a charge.
    slicktop likes this.
  16. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    GasGas is taking money with a promised delivery date: "This bike will be delivered to the closest official GasGas dealer between the months of July and October 2018."

I very much doubt the bike comes with a spare battery, but obviously a charger is a requirement.
    CDN Rick likes this.
  17. noyolk

noyolk Certified Preowned

Oddometer:
    Rumor is air filter changes on this are a bitch..

:hide
  18. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the Torrot delivery promise of July to October is good news. The Old GasGas would always promise the US Raga bikes to be shipped in May. Turns out they were not talking about the month, they meant may or MAYNOT be shipped. Let's hope this is different.
  19. slicktop

slicktop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Funny.
  20. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    It'll take me another month, to get to my closest GG dealer.
    Paul7 likes this.