Price check

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by jdiaz, May 22, 2004.

1. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    So my dealer just offered me a new S model in orange for $11500 + $300 prep + tax&license. Seems like a fair deal if the free saddlebags are still available. Anyone?

Jon
  2. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    I got mine from a dealer in Indiana for 11500 no tax no prep I did have to pay tax when I registered it. I bought mine in Nov.2003
  3. joe riddle

joe riddle riddler

Oddometer:
    I think it's a fair deal but 11500. including prep sounds a little more like what our dealers in CO. are doing. I bought a non-S in black for 10800. plus taxes. Good Luck
  4. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys.

Jon
  5. r_crabb

r_crabb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey John,

I just got a first offer of 11,124 on a non-S from Corse, including freight and prep. I imagine they'll move a little on that price.

Robin
  6. gbranham

gbranham Kool-aid Drinking Infidel KVNY Los Angeles

Oddometer:
    I got mine from Hillsboro Motorcycles in Portland OR for 10,900 out the door. Nick, my sales guy, also promised me 20% off Akro cans and crash bars whenever I had the money. Hopfully they'll back that part of the deal. They were great people to deal with and I highly recommend them. I'm going to get the 1000K service done at Gresham KTM, though. Theirs is only $350. The tech there is really cool and enthusiastic about the bikes, too. He recommended changing the oil @ around 200 miles and waiting till 1000 miles for the service, instead of 620 per his experience. Got the factory finance deal for 5 years with no money down. Nick @ Hillsboro was offering the bike with the cans and bars for 12 grand but I wanted to keep my payments lower. I kinda regret not doing it that way, though. There's a black one left on the floor.
  7. seh750

seh750 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you had to deal with their parts people yet? Hold on to your patience, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

After they called me to tell me the centerstand I ordered was in. Me: "Hello, my name is ... and I'm here to pick up a centerstand." Parts guy: "What's a centerstand?" The conversation went downhill from there.

I bought my 96 VFR750 at Hillsboro but got so fed up with them I stopped dealing with them. Bought my 950 from them in April and see that they haven't changed much.
  8. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Without a real good mechanic i would try to go for the latest production bike ie a late 04 w/ the black rims. For me it would be worth any extra $ to know it has correct updates to some of the mechanical issues. ---On edit, after looking at the oil return valve setup(or whatever its called) on my "new" 04 i noticed it has the same lighter gague clear tubes and grommets as the early bikes. This is after a recent 600 mile svc at the best shop in the west. So the moral of de story is research and start a collection of the little parts for update because the shop probably wont bee too up on it.
  9. EnduroJoe

EnduroJoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a first offer of $11,000 without tax for a non s, waited a few months and got it for $10k here in Highland, IL.
  10. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    I think they(the dealers) have 120 days to "floor the bike after that they start paying interest on it, so If a guy knows there is a bike on the floor for several months it pays to wait
  11. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Highland is big enough for their own KTM dealership? I thought that place only had B-Line and a few Swiss expat's.

I've been lurking in this Crush forum for a little while and that 950 is looking better all the time. Hmmmm.
  12. katoom_950

katoom_950 Life, 2 short 4 traffic

Oddometer:
    Okay, correct me if I am wrong but the 2004 range has 3 colours for the non S (Orange, Silver & Black) and only the Goooo! bike as the S.

That must mean your bike would be a 2003 model as the only Orange 950S is a 2003. I would look around for a later version for the same money.