Private land usage in northern NJ

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by ryondrums, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ryondrums

ryondrums Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of any private land in northern Nj that allows riders to use their land/trails?
    I’ve heard of a few guys that pay like $100 for the year and have access to land up here whenever they want.

Would be nice not to have to go 2 hours south everytime I want to mess around in the dirt

I’m in Montclair. Hit me with any info
    Thanks
  2. woollybugger

woollybugger Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Ryon,
    Hello from Millburn! I grew up in Montclair.
    I just joined and am new to both the forum and the sport.
    I am a hunter, and we share a common problem with finding land. The approach the hunting community has taken is to form clubs, where 15-20 members each pay dues, and the club uses the money to lease land from local farmers and other land owners. I'll bet a similar model would work for dirt biking.
    Being new to the sport, I don't have a network of other riders, but if you know others, we could join forces and attempt this approach.
  3. Tammy

Tammy Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer:
  4. Tammy

Tammy Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer:
    You can ride that stuff all day I used to ride it every weekend..
  5. Tammy

Tammy Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer:
  6. woollybugger

woollybugger Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good fly fishing in the Ramapo river too, if you're into that. I'll definitely plan a "dual sport" trip up there this spring.
  7. Pipefighter76

Pipefighter76 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How far are you guys from the pine barrens? Is that what you mean when you have to ride two hours to get off road? I'm down near dc. Planning a trip to Pennsylvania soon. That's about the next best place other than going into Virginia.