Problems with KTM Twins?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Bigcitylight, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When you compete against guys like Rocky atv you are always going to be behind by not stocking parts.

Ktm twins has / had lots of custom stuff in stock like bar risers and longer throttle cables. That pretty much all I order from them.
  2. MiniNL

MiniNL Dutchie in the US

Oddometer:
    I've had good luck with both rockymountainatvmc.com (they're somewhat local and charge me sales tax :( which sucks on bigger orders) and ktmworld.com. Both ship fast and have a lot of stuff in stock. KTMWorld usually gets the nod as they offer free shipping over $30 and don't charge me sales tax, which always helps :).
  3. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Check out rottweilerperformance.com

I have a decade of knowledge and experience with the 950/990 Adventures and related LC8's. And I've been asked by Chris to help him expand his product lines on his web business. And to better serve this community.

Chris has battled the difficulties in the past of being a small boutique business... with little volume leverage to offset retail costs. His expertise is his knowledge as a performance tuner and as a savvy parts fabricator with a burning desire to offer a fuller menu of upgrade options for the LC8... And now he's expanding to offer 500EXC/ XCW/ SM, RC390, Super Duke and Super Adventure items.

With his hard work and willingness to
    continually put back into his business, he's buying in volume, offering a greater selection of products and bringing costs down where possible... To give his customers a greater value along with his open knowledge and engine performance expertise.

What I'm hoping to bring to Rottweiler is a knowledge base of parts wear, upgrade paths, trick aftermarket product accessories... And creative product bundling to cover the needs of those prepping for either long distance adventures or successfully achieving typical maintenance schedules.

And Rottweiler is currently able to offer the full line of KTM OEM and power parts.

I'll be excited to see the creative parts options as well as the KTM OEM products as they begin to appear on rottweilerperformance.com.

And my goal is to help Rottweiler better your KTM ownership experience in some small or big way.

And to pay forward the stoke given by all the others who've done the same for me.
  4. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Might that mean OS buyers can avoid the KTM imposed OEM parts embargo through direct RWP purchase?..
  5. DesertSurfer

Oddometer:
    Does OS stand for Over Seas? Are you saying you can't get KTM parts outside of your local distributorship?

Selling KTM OEM parts requires agreements with KTM and authorized KTM dealers.

Rottweiler Performance has those agreements in place and is stocking, selling and shipping select OEM parts at competitive prices.

And you'll start to see replacement part bundles posted on the website that focus on wear areas of various KTMs.
    Mr Head likes this.
  6. tacosupreme

tacosupreme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in the fine print of that KTM contract it says you can't sell online to overseas customers. They have different pricing structures by country, in Oz many items are double the price they are here. In contrast Thailand has cheaper prices than us on some stuff. Globalization...

Anyhow KTMtwins blows goats these days, many other great options out there. Munnracing, Rottweiler, CJdesigns, dualsportwarehouse, are all good to go.
  7. DesertSurfer

Oddometer:
    I don't believe that KTM contract effects third party vendors. But between distributor costs and shipping it can make competitive pricing tougher. However, top quality service and responsive shipping makes up that value.
  8. Tricky [RCAF]

Tricky [RCAF] Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Vendor I have come across always state no international shipping available on KTM OEM parts.
  9. unkle_george

unkle_george Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    : ( Same problem. 10 days later and they haven't shipped and they don't respond to phone or email. I disputed the charges with Visa.

Edit: The new owner sent me a great response and a refund. It sounds like he's putting the pieces back together and should have things up and running soon.
  10. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Appreciate your involvement with RWP DesertSurfer, this matter has been covered previously and elsewhere, ad infinitum... but!..

So does that mean just oil filter kits, orange chains etc?

A fair while back, KTM Aust bitched back at Mattinghoffen, saying that locals where going direct to US suppliers for all sorts of (real) parts (when the AU peso neared parity)... and thereby cutting KTM AU out of the 'return on investment' circle...

Result - All US KTM dealers had their hands tied... and no longer ship any OEM parts out and down to Oz!
    So we're held to ransom for 'real' parts replacements (engine / frame / mechanical parts etc)... but superficial parts, like some plastics have had prices cut to almost US prices (pheh).

'Free Trade' my arse (ass).

I wish RWP well going forward and will be a customer (love shiny, engineered things)...

11. DesertSurfer

Oddometer:
    Rottweiler should be able to get anything KTM OEM but really is only focusing on big twins and some of the singles. OEM parts would be a custom order until items are placed on the website. Chris is working on expanding this as we speak. You'll see results soon once he gets caught up with adding his newest products and some other exciting items. Unlike most other parts houses, you can actually call Rottweiler and speak to Chris about a custom order for your 690.

We're leaving this weekend to go to the US KTM Rally... So the next 10 days will be limited communication at times we're out riding. But the shop is open and cranking out orders and Chris and Mariel always follow up with the shop. And after will be back to normal customer service.

Shipping to Oz has always been costly, but doable.
  12. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Cheers DS!
    Enjoy the Rally and look fwd to future developments.
    Rubber side down
  13. baron duer

baron duer n00b

Oddometer:
  14. baron duer

baron duer n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, unfortunately I ordered a GPS and I didn't like it. I've returned and it have not seen a refund on my credit card. I've reached out, of course on their answering machine. Guess what? No reply. Same goes for email at info@ktmtwins.com. Mos def will not be ordering from them again.
  15. mutt550

mutt550 restless soul

Oddometer:
    I have ordered from KTMTwins 3 times. The only issue I had was when an item was out of stock and they didn't know when it would be restocked. So just canceled the order no big deal.
  16. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you become a ADV member just to complain about KTM twins, or to get the ADV discount code to KTM twins then complain? I can't speak for KTMtwins, but you bought a GPS (electrical item), and now decided that you don't like it. That's a tough return to whatever merchant you purchased a electrical item from.
    How long has it been since you returned the item?
    Do you still have your tracking number that you got when you shipped it back?
    Did you you ship it back over the last holiday (4th of july), when pretty much all sorts of carrier services get a holiday (which causes a bigger shipping backup the following work day)?
  17. 556baller

556baller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've ordered plenty of parts from them with no issues.
  18. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kinda curious at this as well. New Zealand has some of the best consumer protection legislation in the world but even here you would struggle to get a refund on most things (esp specific electronics) if you just changed your mind on your purchase.
  19. DesertSurfer

Oddometer:
    Ordering a GPS online and you don't like it? Who buys a GPS sight unseen? They are very subjective items and require an up close and personal evaluation with a knowledgable rep. You may want to re-evaluate your decision making before placing all the blame on the retailer.

But honestly, all the GPS units out there are a big disappointment so you're facing a no win situation what ever you ordered.

I hope it all works out though.
  20. a65l

a65l Safeguarding our Precious Bodily Fluids

Oddometer:
    I recently ordered from them, service was outstanding, and they responded almost immediately to an email about a problem I had. I'll do business with them again.

Dammit, didn't know we had a discount code either...