Problems with Navigator VI

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by leafman60, Dec 19, 2017.

1. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    My friend bought a new Navi VI, installed the protection for it and had several problems that people here are mentioning. Mine works fine for a year without the protection. He then removed the protection and it works like mine. No problems at all.
  2. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, thats what I suspected :(
  3. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you’re talking about the screen acting like it is being touched when it isn’t, I can confirm that at least in my case, it has nothing to do with protection. I don’t run a screen protector or anything, yet I’ve had a Nav 6 screen that has gone wonky.
  4. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2 year old NAV VI just did the wonky. I called Garmin and no questions asked they told me to send it back and they are sending me a new one :-)
    Magile likes this.
  5. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    Interesting business model. Create a product that is flawed, then replace it for free every time it goes on the fritz, forever. I’m not knocking Garmin’s customer service—they’re second to none. But why not put a little more effort into the up-front work, rather than have to clean up the mess on the back end?
    250senuf likes this.
  6. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    You mean they should be proactive and have a real fix in place ?? :imaposer
    Not the thing they teach at Wharton and Harvard.....:eyes
    Parcero likes this.
  7. CoOlSlY

CoOlSlY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI I had a V8 Nav Vi and had another replacement (now my 3th Nav Vi replacement, 4th Nav Vi). The one I received is exactly the same version (V8). I also thought after so long that they would have fixed the problem!
  8. Nanayaah

Nanayaah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Recently noticed that my navigator VI started to mess up my route preferences. If I choose curvy roads it routes me on highways. Never experienced this before. Maybe its a bug in the latest Update. Anybody Else experienced this?
    AdamChandler likes this.
  9. Seminole88

Seminole88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I too finally experienced the dreaded Nav VI wonky screen gremlins! Prayers for the replacement! Got two seasons out of the initial one. I am extremely disappointed in Garmin. Customer support no help. "We'll send you a replacement". Fine- but I expect better at these price points. Sheeesh. Thank goodness I was not on a long trip and had time to fool with trip to UPS to return. Garmin should provide return label and return shipping. Anyone not have any issues with their unit? Seems everyone eventually does.
  10. CoOlSlY

CoOlSlY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now at my 5th Nav VI, just got another one about two weeks ago, same hardware ID so I suspect I will have problems againnnnnn... I do about 30,000 miles a year, 2nd year of ownership... You can ask for a return label, they might say no but I insisted that in no way I will pay for shipping for a known AND recurrent issue...