Proposed East Central Missouri Day Ride

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by DabsAlot, Jul 18, 2013.

1. DabsAlot

DabsAlot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a yet un-ridden track I made in BaseCamp for a day trip. If anyone with local knowledge sees any problems with my route, let me know!

Steve

Attached Files:

2. svr700

svr700 wrrider

Oddometer:
    Looks ok for the most part. There are some other good roads in the area that I would include in your route. When are you planning on riding this? I could give you a good tour of the area.
  3. DabsAlot

Oddometer:

It won't be this coming weekend, but hopefully one weekend soon. A tour would be awesome!

Steve
  4. indykwak

indykwak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lost Creek
    Charette Creek
    Massas Creek

All three are fun and can have water, mud, sand, rocks, etc.
  5. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just saw this and downloaded your route just to see if I could. :clap
    I did it, I'm gps challenged. Looks like fun except I'm guessing the I70 stretch is the "put your head down and get back home" leg of the trip.
    I'd rather get poked in the eye than ride I 70.
  6. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    I did ride this route......EXCEPT for the portion of the Charrette Creek Road that IS the creek. Do people actually ride that? All I saw on the south end was creek, no resemblance of traffic up it. One guy was on a Yamaha FZ6 with street tires, so we didn't even explore that section! But Dry Fork Rd. and
    Lost Creek Rd. were a blast! The FZ6 needed a little assistance on one creek crossing :D, but no biggie. There was even a creek crossing at Crows Fork Creek just east of Fulton that I didn't expect.

We did have some places that were private roads where we had to re-route between the nuke plant and Hermann...and one seemingly private road south of the MO river we had to by-pass.

Steve
    ktmdude2002 likes this.
  7. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    You are correct on the I-70 part.....the goal was to get to the good riding...have fun...book it home. A lot of ground to cover in a day ride. The next time I am skipping the part south of the river, the stuff north of the river is just too much fun to waste time on the south side!

Steve