Prudhoe Bay & Deadhorse - Past The Security Shacks

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by ErraticAKn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ErraticAKn

ErraticAKn On roads less traveled...

Oddometer:
    Hello All,

Every summer we see a lot of bikes and riders up here and not all take the tour that takes you to the ocean to see what it's like on the other side of the guard shacks. Since I had to make a run from Milne Point to Endicott I thought I'd test another tracking app and take a few images along the way.

This was yesterday 12MAR19. For those of you who have been up here, the Deadhorse pictures will be familiar (sans snow) the others are on the restricted sides of the west and east guard shacks.

navtrkshrsm.jpg

Sadly, it looks like this summer I'll be down in Kodiak at Pacific Spaceport Complex and not be able to provide support and hot coffee to visiting riders here.
    Fishenough, AK650, Tewster2 and 2 others like this.
  2. 77TOY

77TOY Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live on Kodiak, I know exactly where the Spaceport complex is and... plan on riding up the Dalton to Deadhorse this fall. Would love to chat and ride in Kodiak this summer if you game!
    ErraticAKn and naruse like this.
  3. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there any other person riders can contact in Deadhorse this year if they have a problem or question? Thanks.
  4. ErraticAKn

ErraticAKn On roads less traveled...

Oddometer:
    I made another trip further east to Alpine and the village of Nuiqsut yesterday. Another map and poor pictures. I'm testing the Bubbler GPS App and the Camera has some issues, my appologies.

Yes, there are a few other people up here able to help riders in need. I will collect contact information this weekend and post here and maybe they can be put in to the Prudhoe Primer post.

Dan
    Tewster2 and Bigbob1 like this.
  5. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man! The place is sure getting crowded. :uhoh Looked a lot different when I was driving a D7 all over that area - back in '74.
    Guess I'll forget about moving to the North Slope - too many dadgum noisy neighbors! :becca

Wasn't planning on moving there anyway - just thought I'd throw a scare into everybody up there. :jack
    Tewster2 and Bigbob1 like this.