Pucky Huddle Breakfast Run 2016, Sept 17th & 18th Bixby MO.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by sieg, Jul 22, 2016.

1. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pucky Huddle Breakfast Run 2016 #4
    Well let's do it again! I've picked September 17th and 18th as that is when the MTRA has their ride weekend and their campground is open.

For those that ain't ever done a PHBR before, here's the rundown. It's 250 plus miles per day. The course is as much gravel and poorly maintained roads as I could find.:clap Lots of two track logging roads, and not much pavement. For the more adventurous, there are some of my famous optional Big Boy sections. :evil It's all GS and KLR friendly. :thumb But a small bike and/or good rider would be advised on the BB sections. :wings
    I'll change the tracks up a little this year, and Saturday breakfast will be at Koy's Kitchen in Bunker. (But the ride will still be called Pucky Huddle Breakfast Run, because it just sounds better)

We'll start and end both days at Bixby MO. You can camp at the Midwest Trail Rider Association's (MTRA) club grounds near by on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, they have flush toilets and a shower, water and an RV dump station, plenty of room for big rigs and level spots for tents, large campfire pit, BBQ grill, and two covered shelters if it rains. :beer There is safe parking for trucks, trailers and tents. They have over 600 acres for off road riding also. I think they charge $10 for non-members and $5 for members per day for camping/parking or something like that, so join up, save some $$ and help support their club! You can't camp anywhere with showers for less. > http://www.ridemtra.com/vtra-riding-area.html < Or if you want to stay in a motel there's the Miner's Inn Motel in Viburnum MO..
    Watch this first post for updates and tracks.:deal

Here's the tracks. I probably made some mistakes, deal with it! So the Sat. and Sun. tracks are the main tracks. If you stay on them even a noobie or a big GS can make them, maybe not a noobie on a big GS though! It's all public gravel roads, to the best of my knowledge, and I have ridden most of it within the last 6 months, things change, roads get closed and water crossings wash out, heavy rain may raise water level too. I have no controls over that, this is just a suggested course, you're on your own here, don't blame me. BTW pay no attention to "road closed, bridge out" sign by the church at Hobo RD., you can make it, I crossed it last week on my GS. The short cuts (SC) are easy ways the cut some miles off for slow riders. There are plenty of other places to short cut too, look at a map. Now those big boy (BB) sections .............. well they are stuff that I've ridden at some point in my long life, but I may not have ridden them in years, they may be washed out, they may be overgrown, they may be closed, they may be bought up and private now, I have no idea. We'll see when we get there, all I can say is they still show up on the map and at one time they where rideable. Use your own good judgment here. I'll be riding them, it for no other reason, just to see if I can.
    The gas stops are marked as waypoints, some are off the course a little, but the ones on the course are at the most 125 miles apart, off course 70 miles apart max. Plenty of places to eat, some of my favorites are marked. Have fun, look me up at the camp and introduce yourself.

Attached Files:

2. MarkM

MarkM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really enjoyed last year's ride. It should be a great time!
    Did you mean breakfast on Saturday or Sunday? Last year the breakfast was on Sunday, as I recall.
  3. sieg

Oddometer:
    Saturday this year...............the waitress that Linda set it up with is off Sunday, works Saturday, she wanted the tips.:nod
    Nesquik likes this.
  4. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It!

Oddometer:
    I plan to be there, hopefully this sweltering heat will be gone by then!
  5. vfrpilot

vfrpilot Stress Relief Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    First year that I'm going to miss ....... Going to be riding the UTBDR.
    That's my excuse :nod
  6. SIGIE

SIGIE Adventurist

Oddometer:
    Ah, we will miss you Gary. Utah sounds like a great adventure. We've been wanting to go there, but just haven't made it yet.
  7. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somebody has a New Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in !
  9. jowannab

Oddometer:
    ME .. TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    COUNT ME IN ALSO!!:clap:clap!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. HerbTarlek

HerbTarlek meh.

Oddometer:
    Im there!

Sieg, or anyone else, how does the camping work? Do you have to register or is it first come first served?
  12. sieg

Oddometer:
    It's first come first serve. There should be someone camped/set-up at the big shelter with you come in, sign-in and pay there. Keep right following a road into the woods, here there is a big place cleared in the woods, probably 5 acres, lots of shade and secluded from sight. The back half is "no generators". No electric or water or actual defined camp sights. Just set up wherever, though some of the regulars have favorite spots and if you beat them to it, to bad for them. Just don't set up a small tent in the middle of a spot big enough for a motorhome, and don't set up in the middle of a driveway and block the place up. There are some small fire rings around the area, and one big fire pit for the group. A BBQ large grill and a 20ft. metal shelter with a concrete floor for the whole to group use, not for people to put their hammock in or overhaul bikes. There is room for probably 30 big rigs. And lots of trucks, bikes and tents in between. Even at big events they have plenty of room.
    About a hundred yards away in the open. There is a shower house with electric for shavers/blow dryers, flush toilets, an RV dump, water hose to fill campers or whatever. Also a 40ft. shelter on concrete. Out in front of this is the big parking lot, probably 20 acers, for overflow camping and truck/trailer parking.
    I recommend anyone not familiar with the MTRA to check out their website for rules, and prices. http://www.ridemtra.com/home.html
    Pits
    DSCN0660.JPG
    Big shelter and shower house
    DSCN0616.JPG
    Typical campfire (come early and help cut firewood)
    DSCN0642.JPG
    Campground is down that road in the lower right.
    MTRA Nat Dual Sport Start Finish Bixby MO-20150126-190458540.jpg
  13. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    UTBDR is awesome! Even all the sand makes it an adventure! :clap
  14. jowannab

Oddometer:
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Creekside

Creekside Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In! Last year was a blast. Great time for all.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
  16. 4NoNo

4NoNo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are headed to CO/UT next weekend.
    Hope to see you folks at the HPBR!!
    Gary, we did the southern half of the UTBDR and it was great!!
  17. Creekside

Creekside Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  18. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    We'll Layton be there?
  19. jowannab

Oddometer:
    Is it Time for a ROLL CALL???? FOR THE PHBR.. 2016
  20. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is everyone !!! HELLO!!! I know more than 8 or 9 riders will show?? ............ OH WELL JUST PLAN IT THEY WILL COME!!! LOL!!!