Puig crash bars

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Numbersman, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Numbersman

Numbersman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought Puig crash bars for my 2019 750gs. Anyone know where I can find torque specs for the mounting screws? Anyone mount these yet? Problems or no problems?
  2. inlawbiker

inlawbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed them on my 2016 f800gs. It's pretty easy to do. Make sure you do not tighten down all of the bolts as you go. Keep them loose and make sure the front section where the two sides come together fit cleanly, and then tighten down the rest. The instructions have torque settings or use the same torque per the manual for the frame bolts. There is a helpful post somewhere here on advrider with all of the torque values on one page. I have to print that out and put it under the seat with the manual ...

Greg.
  3. Numbersman

Numbersman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Puig came back to me with torque specs. Tried to install and the holes are just far enough off to make it impossible to start the bolts. The lower front bolt on the left guard is about a tenth of an inch too far to the side to get a bolt started. On the right the upper and lower case bolts have holes too close together by a quarter inch or more. Can't tell about the other two until the first two are resolved. It is like there are too many misaligned holes to even guess the one that is best to minimize other errors. I sent them an email asking for their advice. I could spend a lot of time filing or trying to bend a bit, but that would weaken the paint. Really nice looking bars if I can get them mounted.
  4. inlawbiker

inlawbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recall at one point I had the wrong bolts installed on the left or right side and once I reversed them everything fit. It's also possible if one of the mount points is not aligned perfectly it will throw the tolerances out of whack somewhere else. Once I got everything seated straight the bars went all like magic and they fit perfect. They don't bother to label the bolts at all so it's a bit of trial and error. Good luck!