[q] is there an interest in US group buy of australian-made Terra-x

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by worker, May 31, 2016.

1. worker

worker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I was following up with Terra-X on their
    tyre levers http://terra-x.com.au/tyre-levers/
    and chain breakers
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/group-buy-terra-x-chain-tool.829961/#post-19699712

--
    got a reply from Terra-X. Shipping to US is like 100 bucks , he said, but cheaper if multiple items are shipped
    He said they dropped the price for levers to 75 (from 100 apparently) and they will not make them any more -- so last run.
    He said also that in a month they *may* make some chain breakers.

--
    So wanted to see if folks are interested in
    these options:
    a) just the remaining tyre levers
    b) tyre levers (if left) + chain breakers.

I do not know by how much cheaper shipping will be when combined.
    But I suspect we need to accumulate 20+ 'wants' to spread the overseas part of the shipping cost, acceptable.

(Apologies in advance if this should go to some other section -- I had never 'lead' a group buy ).
  2. RetiredandRiding

RetiredandRiding Retired to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am probably interested, but I can't find anything about how much they are. Can you help out?
  3. Nickhob

Nickhob Armchair adventurer

Oddometer:
    FWIW,

I bought a chain breaker from him which broke the first time I used it. He admitted that it was a manufacturing issue and that he would send me a new one. That was more than 18 months ago, 15 months ago I asked again where it was (about the 10th email) and he offered me a refund which I am still waiting on.... He won't reply to my emails etc.....
  4. Beer Bear

Beer Bear Island Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did anything ever become of this? I am interested in the chain breaker. Just stumbled upon this thread recently and am curious if anything happened.