1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Qatar riding friends

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by Big Rodger, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ThJ

ThJ n00b

Oddometer:
    hi guys !

i'm gonna move from Belgium to Doha in the next couple of months.
    i'm selling my Tiger 800xc here and was hoping to find another bike in Qatar. maybe something a bit more offroad suitable...

any tips of info would be nice.

Thanks!

Thijs
  2. ThJ

ThJ n00b

Oddometer:
    ok, this thread must now be officially dead...
    strange because i have seen a few motorbikes driving around last week...

regards
    Thijs
  3. maiden.jade

maiden.jade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not dead. Just that nobody checks it. :lol3

I've seen many bikes on the road especially on Friday morning.

Whereabouts are you? I'm in Education City.
  4. CptCaveman

CptCaveman n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, first post, new member of this forum and new to biking (sort of) , I had a Honda CM450 that someone gave me when I was a teenager, rebuilt the bike over summer vacation, but haven't ridden since. Turning 30 soon and I decided to get back into bikes. I moved to Qatar 2 years and I've finally purchased a CR250r.

Is there anyone here in Doha/Qatar that rides and camps on the weekends or anything like that? I've found that its mostly dune bashing around here...
  5. maiden.jade

maiden.jade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've met an American lady who works in Qatar and she has two Harleys. She doesn't camp in the desert. I've been on offroad trips in the desert in a 4x4, and I haven't seen any bikes on the trails. Not sure why.

I've seen many bikers on the road. The parked ones outside the restaurants look awfully clean.

Although I miss riding in Qatar, I wouldn't want to buy a bike here. There aren't too many places to explore on a bike, and the country is landlocked by Saudi so there goes sneaking out to another country on a bike (especially for a woman). :lol3
  6. CptCaveman

CptCaveman n00b

Oddometer:
    That's a shame. I'm a member of the Qatar rock climbers and I go out to Zekreet quite a bit, I always thought it would be a nice area to explore on a bike for a while and then camp for the night.
  7. Blown3UR

Blown3UR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I'm a local Qatari and just recently got into the ADV scene.. I ride a 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure.. would be interested in setting up something.. Zekreet is in my itinerary.. anyone up for it?
  8. stuza

stuza Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi Blown,

I've a possibility to move from Muscat to Doha and ride a KTM 1190 R. I love road riding (Twisties) but of course a good graded track is also fun. Do you have much of a scene like this in Doha?