QC Issues at Elite Motorsports in Loveland

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Nailhead, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Nailhead

Nailhead Inclusion Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm retracing both their work, and mine when I installed that light wiring harness 7 or 8 years ago. I think I've got the problem isolated to the relay, but I have to get a replacement to be sure. I'd test it, but apparently they no longer print the wiring diagram on relays like they used to.

I don't see why they would have been rooting around in the headlight/instrument area, but I do know they had to disconnect the lights when the crash bars had to come off, so god only knows what destructive forces were marshaled in that effort.

Thanks for help, man-- I appreciate it.
  2. Nailhead

Nailhead Inclusion Rider

Oddometer:
    The plan now is to remove tanks, seat-- all the plastic they would have had to remove to adjust the valves-- in an effort to find any other omissions/brain farts. To this end, I'm taking Thursday off to ensure I have time to get it done & check ride it.

Peace of mind cannot be overvalued, I believe.
    zgfiredude likes this.
  3. NoCo68

NoCo68 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So no one has anything good to say about this dealer more specifically the service department?
  4. Elite Motorsports

Elite Motorsports n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, my husband and I are the new owners at Elite Motorsports. We purchased the shop in September of last year, so this would have been something that took place before we took ownership. I can assure you that customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and when any problems or concerns are brought to our attention we rectify them immediately. We can only fix problems that are brought to our attention though, so I encourage you to give Steve a call if there is anything that we can do to help you. We are passionate about our family run business and the service we provide to our customers, and we work hard to show that every day.
    68T120R, theantipaul, RLK and 3 others like this.
  5. Elite Motorsports

Elite Motorsports n00b

Oddometer:
    I apologize that you had a negative experience at our shop, I assure you we care about the service we provide. I would be extremely appreciative if you could give me a call (Amy) and tell me about what happened so we can take measures to fix the situation and make sure it is something that does not happen again in the future.
    68T120R, theantipaul and RideFreak like this.
  6. haystack

haystack Just ride

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  7. papa_j

papa_j Long timer

Oddometer:
    Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
    :lurk
    haystack likes this.
  8. Nailhead

Nailhead Inclusion Rider

Oddometer:
    I appreciate that very much. I didn’t make any effort to reach out because the frustrations I voiced a year back were met with such a level of apathy that I figured my time & energy would be better spent correcting the errors I found.

I’d like to give you a call at some point when I get back (I’m still in the road), and discuss this further.

Again, thank you for making the time & effort to address this. It matters a lot.
    theantipaul likes this.
  9. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles...

Oddometer:
    I’ve worked with Chris in sales. He’s awesome! Great guy, great service, super helpful.

I have three boys. We all ride KTMs. They’ll keep my business.

Now if they would only get the E-Ride in stock!!!
  10. Zak Smith

Zak Smith *

Oddometer:
    I did extensive business with Elite when Roger and Don ran it. Roger himself showed me around Albany the first time I rode there, and we carpooled to Inyan Kara together. The best service work I got from Elite was when Curt was in the back. Scott and Jason always had me dialed in with good advice and information.

Since the new ownership, I've bought two bikes. They are working on setting up a 1290 SAR for me; I hope to report good news in a few days...
  11. Zak Smith

Zak Smith *

Oddometer:
    Off topic, and FWIW: the most "professional" dealership I've been to is Noco Powersports, the Ducati/BMW dealer just north of Prospect. I don't ask them for any custom work, but "by the book" work is done ahead of schedule and zero complaints, and they've resolved the possible warranty-related issues proactively and quickly. For custom stuff, Boulder Motorsports is the place I go, but they are primarily a Ducati race shop.
  12. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will never ever ever do business with the current owners of NOCO power sports again as long as I live...
    I take all my bikes that need work that I can't do to Denver or Cheyenne, or Loveland.
    I have no complaints about the new ownership at Elite and have done multiple services there since Roger and Don sold. But true, Roger and Don were fantastic.
    fortrider likes this.
  13. Zak Smith

Zak Smith *

Oddometer:
    Chris, LG, and Clay orchestrated a big upgrade project on my 1290 and it turned out great. The "new" Elite is GTG as far as I'm concerned.