Quebec hunting seasons open in Oct 6-12?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by darkstarmoto, Aug 29, 2019.

1. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    Hoping someone could help clue me into what hunting season is open during the 1st full week of Oct? Planning a trip thru the Gouin Reservoir area in Quebec thru that time frame and don't want to be getting cursed out in French.

TIA
  2. darkstarmoto

Oddometer:
    I found a website...looks like zones 14,16,17 & 28 it'll be Moose season. Yikes!
  3. Geeztring

Geeztring "Adventurer QC"

Oddometer:
    all depends on the route you choose, in many areas hunting starts on Sept 21st, if you stick to main roads you'll be good but if you decide to go through reserves, wildlife areas or ''ZEC's'' then they may not let you through.

What is your planned route?
  4. darkstarmoto

Oddometer:
    Crap...that's what I feared might happen.
    Planned route is North out of Ottawa towards Mont Laurier staying between the 105 & 307/309, then up to Lodge Fer a Cheval via 309 around Sainte-Anne-du-Lac. Following morning from lodge to Parent, North on forest road 450 (22) to Barrage Gouin & Magnan on the dam of the reservoir and then northwest towards just South of Chibougamau airport then onto town. The following day may be the issue, out of town on 167 towards Alma but we plan to use trails North of 167 far enough that I think we'll not be in the Ashuapmushuan reserve.