Quesnel BC in August

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob1313, Jan 3, 2007.

1. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Alberta Dual Sport is planning a trip to Quesnel BC to check out the local area in the 3rd week of August. We will have KLRs, BMW's, DR's and just about any type of riding you might want. I grew up there so I know the area pretty well. We are posting to find anyone else who is interested in attending and see if there is anyone else local who will act as a second ride captian.
    Thanks, Rob
  2. AceRph

AceRph Be like Tom

Oddometer:
    Gonna move this to Great White North. I think you'll get some help there.
  3. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Come on I know there are some BC members hiding in here. I know its winter so its hard to come out of the cave......
  4. R.J.

R.J. split personality

Oddometer:
    Hmmm.... Third week in August? How long are you going for? Are you leaving from Edmonton? Sounds interesting, can you give any more details?
  5. CochraneDakar

CochraneDakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that is the same weekend as the Horizons Unlimited ride-in at Balfour (North of Nelson). Why not come that way and then head up to Quesnel, or loop through there? Its lots of fun, and lots of dual sport riders show up.
  6. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Those of us who are trailering our bikes are leaving Edmonton on Sunday the 19th, returning the 26th. We have a few guys with space available if you are interested in hauling your wheels. We have a group that is still considering riding out, its 850k so its a 2 day ride or one hard day. I personally value the knobbies on my KLR too much to ride it. There are campgrounds and hotels locally. Quesnel has most bike dealers ( no BMW ) but being a small community I wouldn't count on them stocking much in the way of parts.

We have at least one area guide and I am working on another. I grew up on two wheels there so I have a pretty good idea where the good place to play are.

I'd love to try a longer loop and add in the Nelson thing but I have about burned up any holidays I have already. I'm attending the Reno Vstrom deal and heading to Vegas at the end of January to play for 2 weeks.

Rob