Question on BMW Adjustable Rider Footpegs and Vibration R1250 GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by atasdude, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:10 PM.

1. atasdude

atasdude n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello I was hoping to get some pre-purchase feedback from any users of the BMW Adjustable
    rider foot pegs , the one with the Rubber insert that sits on springs .
    Example BMW Pn : 77258525369.

If you have run these pegs did you notice reduced vibration?

If you could let me know if it was less and how much less in your case it would be great
    to get some experience before spending $$ on these pegs.

In the case that you tried them and they did not reduce the vibration and you found another
    solution please be good enough to share its really appreciated.

B/R
    Bill
  2. Toytec

Toytec n00b

Oddometer:
  3. Las

Las Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I added the spring loaded pegs on my 1250 GS. Neither were they designed to reduce vibration, nor do they. They are designed to allow the rubber insert that your boot soles rest on, which is better for riding seated on pavement and hardpack roads than the OEM metal toothed pegs, to collapse and expose the metal teeth on these pegs to better grip the soles of your boots when standing on them so your feet won’t slip off when going over bumps. They work as designed. Get them if most of your riding is on pavement but you do sometimes ride on roads where standing is the best riding position. If most of your riding is on those kinds of surfaces, leave the OEM pegs on the bike. If all of your riding is on pavement, swap the OEM metal pegs for the much cheaper fixed rubber pegs.
    The 1250 ShiftCam engine is really amazingly smooth for a boxer engine. Vibration on this bike is quite minimal as boxer and other big bore twins go. If your bike vibrates to the point that you need weighted bar ends and are looking to spend a fairly hefty chunk of genuine BMW parts cash on new footpegs, either something about your bike is amiss or your expectations for this bike are unrealistic. If the latter, I suggest that you take a weeklong trip on a Harley. You’ll never complain again about vibrations on your GSA. If you still are dissatisfied with your bike due to vibrations, sell it and get a bike with a K engine like the K1600. They are as vibration free as you can hope to find in a motorcycle short of an electric bike.
  4. texas_aggie

texas_aggie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They're the best pegs available in fit, aesthetics, and function. If you see them up close you'll appreciate why they cost more. The OEM pegs are tiny, the Black Dogs are like floorboards. These are just right.
    todcp likes this.
  5. todcp

todcp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree the BMW adjustable pegs did not change vibration. They did give me an inch more leg room that I needed.
    For reducing vibration I replaced the Michelin Adventure tires. The significant Michelin tire noise and vibration in corners and at highway speed was a tradeoff that I did not need. I borrowed a friends BMW with the Anakee III and did not like them either. Since I don't ride off road I put on a pair of Dunlop Roadsmart III street tires. Voila; vibration now hardly noticeable and tire noise gone.
  6. atasdude

atasdude n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys thanks for the time to write replies ill keep them in mind as i dial the bike in-