Quick Trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Frogger, May 24, 2002.

1. Frogger

Frogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I was planning on riding to Silver City (an old mining ghost town southwest of Boise) this past weekend but the weather just didn't cooperate. Of course, during the work week, it's sunny and beautiful. And the weekend rolls around, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket - rain, wind, cold, etc. So I chose to postpone the Silver City trip for a week - Silver City is at 6200 feet elevation and the thought of riding thru snow just didn't do it for me. Instead, I rode down near the Owyhee Canyonlands - a 5 million acre expanse that some would rather have locked up from all but the most primitive forms of transpotation...bastards anyway. I rode about 250 miles getting there and back and 50-something miles of dirt and gravel but didn't get too many really good photo-taking opp's. But here's a couple of the better ones.

Attached Files:

2. Frogger

Frogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And here's the 2nd pic...

Attached Files:

3. Javarilla

Javarilla Escapee

Oddometer:
    Jeez, man. You gotta stop havin' so much fun. It'll be the jealous death of me...
  4. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Very cool.
  5. JUIJITSU

JUIJITSU FACTOTUM

Oddometer:
    What happened to you and your bike after you jumped off that cliff. That photo looks like you took it sailing away. Nice
  6. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man! It must be nice to have such beautiful places to ride so close to home.:1drink
  7. JUIJITSU

JUIJITSU FACTOTUM

Oddometer:
    I like your PIAA and turn signal light setup frogger. Could you post a few close up pictures of that and explain how you did such a sweet mod. I was looking into the turn signal setup and it would be handy to know part numbers. Nice Job.
  8. Frogger

Frogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't offer any advice on the setup cuz I bought the bike as is. I can tell you that I really like it, though. The big PIAA's sticking out there give me quite a bit of extra leg protection from the wind. The only downer to them is that I seem to be getting a lot of wind coming up under my helmet at high speeds (50+). From what I can "feel" with my hands while riding, the wind comes up off of the PIAA's, right between the windshield and the handguards and right up under my helmet. I think if I got a wider windshield, I would have most of the problem licked. But I just haven't gotten around to buying a replacement yet. But aside from the wind problem, I really like 'em. I haven't done much night riding at all, but from what little I have done I can say that the extra lights sure do break the darkness. I'll take some close-up pix and post them for you.