Quiet here

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by OK Lucinda, May 4, 2015.

1. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I can't leave this sleeping dog lie but did anybody catch his quote on his facebook page? And I quote

"I dedicate this to all the haters on ADV Riders site..............LOL"

I am calling total bullshit on this dude. If you go back to the original thread that he had deleted because he is a whinner { by the way there is a link in this thread } and reread it you will start to ascertain that he started it to pick a fight and generate some controversity for his story! Which to me just turned his commentary into a big comedy routine! When he started his thread everybody took him fairly seriously and generally tried to help him out. But it digressed fairly quickly after certain inmates started to smell a faint aroma. I admit it took me a while longer to catch the wiff in the air but the above quote certainly makes one to stop and look back at what actually transpired!:clap
  2. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Long distance riding is a selfish activity. It's not productive work. Looking for some kind of big recognition for doing it possibly indicates a void of recognition elsewhere in the rider's life. Wouldn't be surprised if some rides are done entirely for this reason.
  3. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer:
    Just an opinion, but the primary purpose of publicizing a ride should be to assist other riders. Before I started out on this lousy excuse for real work, but which I love doing, there were a couple of sites that were particularly helpful. Panomoto.com and later krad-vagabunden.de. An interesting thing about these sites is that I have no idea what the guys look like. No selfies that I could easily find. Just hard information. Admirable.
    Nata Harli likes this.
  4. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are to self righteous. Gabe rode a long way, for reasons that most of us disagree. Fact is he made it. I have a very hard time with gofundme and all the claims of ANY record. It's getting bizarre with wanting his accounting records, calling the hospital, his office and monitoring his wifeFacebook. It's entertainment, he quit ADV.
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Possibly being a liar and a thief shouldn't overshadow his ride. And his ride shouldn't overshadow the possibility he is a liar and a thief.
  6. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree Gabe is a riding mofo! That was a long frigggin ride. But lets get real the so called record claim is total bullshit. His ride report is non existent and who knows what actually happened along the way or what are the events that transpired during the ride. And dude who are "YOU GUYS" that are requesting accounting records , calling the hospital , and monitoring his wifes facebook! That's just more bullshit being tossed around. The only ihfo I have on this affair came from his blog and what was written on ADV. It is pretty entertaining though!:jack
  7. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    The fact that we are discussing this monkey fart's ride is pathetic. Why don't we let it die along with his roided-out, small-dick, desperate need for recognition? Just looking at his colors should tell us that he is a peon screaming for the attention his mother never gave him.
  8. ApexJeff

Oddometer:

Well said! So he has a mudda complex? Couldn't resist, no more I am out
  9. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude come on admit it everytime you post on this thread it puts a smile on your face! :imaposer Come on "Screaming Thunder" , " The Attorney That Rides" admit it it brings a tear to your eye just thinking about it!:imaposer:lol2
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    The natgeo segment was a good summation I've heard. Glen was on advrider radio and said they did a real good representation of his experience.
  11. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    U. Got me!
  12. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the thought, valuable to look at it that way.
  13. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Oxycodone is for after the B1K. WTF, the race is a little over 2 months away.
  14. BobinBahia

BobinBahia Lifelong M.I.A.

Oddometer:
    Having a hard time? A REPUTABLE charity, or charity drive, charity ride, provides financial transparency. Prides itself on being open. "Show Me The Money" is not just how much Cuba Gooding's character stands to make (the "Jerry McGuire" flick with Tom Cruise). Once the charity starts taking money- for little kids, etc- it HAS to open its books.

When there is ZERO financial disclosure (documented, notarized, etc) in a 'non-profit' event- there is ZERO credibility. Simple!

Why have a "very hard time" with something that is charity drive SOP ("Standard Operating Procedure")?
    bananaman likes this.
  15. ApexJeff

Oddometer:
    Simple? If I understand it, Money raised for the "Kids" goes directly to the hospital. Money for Gabe goes to his Go Fund Me, which I could give a fuck who sends him money , I wouldn't.
    I am so happy this forum is monitoring his accounting, personal life, his zero financial disclosures, stealing from the kids?

WTF,
  16. ApexJeff

Oddometer:
    How do you know his financial disclosure? My point isn't about his claim or any records, but about this forum getting into his personal life and business. How do you know about any lawsuits? If he stops and parties, who the fuck cares? Sounds fun.
  17. BobinBahia

Oddometer:
    "Simple" enough! IF there are two SEPARATE accounts. IF. One for the hospital/"kids". Another for Gabe.

ARE there two accounts? If so, OK!

If not: "Simple" to figure out, right?
  18. BobinBahia

Oddometer:
    From Bananaman's post, I gather ALL funds went to Gabe. Then Gabe gave to the hospital.
    For reasons obvious (to most...) this is NOT the way it's supposed to work.

"Lawsuits... parties"??

Keep it simple: NO so-called "financial disclosure" is necessary.
    What is: Account #1 for the hospital/kids. Account #2 for Gabe.

If it's the same account, we can all figure it out. Can't we...?
  19. ApexJeff

Oddometer:
    I just finished a lap around the good old US of A, 11,000 miles, 3 months. The Confederate flags where flying more now than I ever remember. It made me ill.
    I dislike lawyers, after reading this thread, it confirms it. BUT
    He has been personally attacked by you. I have been also been threatened by you.
    Just good reading for ADV?
  20. BobinBahia

Oddometer:
    Think it's time to start a new (post-Gabe) thread.

Or change the name, a suggestion?

"UNQUIET HERE"
    bananaman likes this.