1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kaneman, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SV650

SV650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me ask you sir, what all have you done in the last month and a half?...<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]www.kanemantour.com
    +2
    [/FONT]
  2. Doloe2

Doloe2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update.
    Sounds like things are going your way.
  3. mudinureye

mudinureye Bertie

Oddometer:
    May I stick my effing Irish oar in as well and offer my congrats at the outcome to your trip :clap . I enjoyed the thread immensely when you were out and about - good man, I say! :1drink

Mud
  4. Highwayman

Highwayman Saddle Up

Oddometer:
    It's good to keep your identity intact in this life. Now you and that girl saddle your butts up and do us proud.
  5. Whip

Whip Onward through the fog

Oddometer:
    Josh my friend

Nice to see ya postin again. I knew you weren't really gone.

When do I get to meet the un-lucky lady???

BTW....Did ya ever fill out the F....ing paperwork yet....and get it notarized??

:lol3

Whip
  6. AirLanMan

AirLanMan n00b

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on the upcoming marriage! Too bad about the VStrom, though. Tell me, as someone who is interested in a 1k VStrom would you suggest owning one given the amount of miles you put on yours before what I presume was an accident?

I always thought the girl you met from NC, the one with the those wicked biceps and the fire tending ability was a potential Mrs. Kaneman (though she could have been married, I honestly don't recall).

Remember, when it comes to jealous riders who wish they were out there riding along with you (but would prefer to start a flame war instead): Nill illigitimi carborundum.
  7. DREW823

DREW823 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh.....Its nice to hear from you:ear Good luck with the new job,and engagement.I saw the demize of the VStrom on the TWT site...shame:cry Life goes on. Glad to hear all is well......post some of your pics.
  8. steve3b3

steve3b3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh,

Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on surviving the naysayers, and on your impending marriage.
    I guess I'm going to have to sticky this thread again to hear about your further adventures!

Steve
  9. dirtypumpkin

dirtypumpkin "Monster Truck Bike" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats & thanks for the update. Hope all goes well.:freaky
  10. ChuckS

ChuckS Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Ride on Kaneman.
  11. Johnny Dakar

Johnny Dakar Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer:
    Vive le thumb! :thumb
  12. wheelgun

wheelgun Not a wannabe..a usetobe

Oddometer:
    Hey Kaneman.

I just spent four days reading this resurected thread. You don't owe anyone anything.......however - did you do the alsaka trip? Did you post it to the website? I can't seem to access it. Keep on the keepin' on. Thanks for the fantastic read.
  13. garnz

garnz Happy to be here.

Oddometer:
    As all have said before me, glad to see you back.

I was with you from day one of your adventure and was really disappointed with the outcome. It actually turned me off from this forum for a while.

You inspired me to take my own trip last September and I passed through some of the same areas as you and Scott in Utah. An incredible State. Along the way I thought of your ride often. If you care to check it out, here's my report.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278790&highlight=garnz

It's too bad you didn't make it out to the west coast. There was a crew of us ready to show you around.

Again, glad to hear all is well and congrats.

Be sure to keep up with the great writing and photography. :D
  14. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose StuffThisI'mOff4aRide

Oddometer:
    go the thumb :freaky
  15. Madmedic

Madmedic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just spent the last two weeks evenings reading this thread from start to Finnish. Good story, enjoyed it. Too bad the haters brought you down, all good stories need a happy ending and I am glad you got yours. Thanks for sharing.
  16. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me add my best wishes to the young lady who desided to take you in. Now you need to get her set up to ride and take a long trip so you can tell us about the new adventures you'll be having.
    :clap
  17. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Life is Good !!! Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
    WELCOME Back Josh, I have this photo in my work cubic and everytime I look at it I think of your great adventure and the way it changed your life and all the others that have read it. You are a good man and I am glad you found a good woman to share your life with.
    Cheers
    Andrew

18. treefort13

treefort13 Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on the engagement.
    Good to hear that all is well in life. :freaky
  19. jfike

jfike 1 bike, but not for long

Oddometer:
    just had to add my thanks....

thanks for rising above all the b.s. you were getting in this thread.

thanks for coming back and updating us to what's going on.

congratulations to both of you. many happy years ahead
  20. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    What I like best about ADVRider is that it brings together pictures and stories from all over the world of places I've seen and places I'd like to see and places I've never heard of. I like that its non judgemental and inclusive, aplace where stories are offered and it doesn't matter if you ride a bajaj in india or in indiana, a Ural in Asia or America, all stories have their merit and their place at AVD rider, everyone brings the joy of living to this site with their stories.
    Watching the hullabaloo at the beginning of the Kaneman epic I wondered where it would all end because there are too many shitstorms on the Internet.
    All's well that end's well and I shall point Kaneman out as inspiration to fence sitters wondering if they dare reach out and grab life by the nuts.
    I have endless admiration for Kaneman's nuts or naivete, it doesn't matter which, for taking off in front of God and everybody and seeing where it went. And if a dog has fallen in love with him, you know he can't be all bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.