1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kaneman, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bscritch

bscritch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was a frequent reader last year of The Kaneman tour......could hardly believe it when I saw the thread fired back up. It was one of the hilights of my daily grind reading the adventures of Josh.....so glad to see how things have worked out for ya!

Glad to see that you are still riding....
  2. nate b

nate b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh, I followed you here from the ZRX board and then across the country. Although I was several months behind. I'm glad you're not dead and that you didn't let the naysayers get you down too bad. I'm sure your trip was the trip of a lifetime. It was also a great escape for those of us that truly cannot follow in your footsteps.

Thanks.

Do you still have a website somewhere?
  3. Incredulous

Incredulous Peanut Gallery

Oddometer:
    Kaneman

I had known about this site for a while but I really got into it with your report. Thanks for that.

I did a similar soul searching trip to Europe several years ago. All solo--mostly wandering (Grrreat parties too:wink: ).

I also ended up back in pretty much the same place geographically and even situationally, but with a completly different perspective and a new appreciation for the people and places around me.

Good luck with your next chapter.

Tyler
  4. BoonekaFa

BoonekaFa n00bile misADVenture

Oddometer:
    Welcome back Cap'n Thumbadour.. I was following your ride all the way in a different life, you helped inspire me to follow my dream..

I made it to AK and back, 13.5 k in 5.5 weeks starting July 2007..

Now If I could just find the girl... :deal
  5. XinTX

XinTX A haw haw haw haw....

Oddometer:
    Took me forever, but I finally read through this. Great story. Josh should write a book on this. And Josh, we're heading to Big Bend in early March if you still want to go for a ride..........
  6. scootertrash

scootertrash Mobile Homie

Oddometer:
    Congrats Josh! as have many, I followed your thread very intently as well.

Well, not long after your adventure ended, mine began. Long story short, 20 yr marriage stalled out, I moved to Midland, TX for a month and then your backyard, Fort Worth for approx 3 months. My life was no longer working for me so I ended up leaving the oilfield and moving to sunny Cal to live on my dad's sailboat.

I haven't got back to work yet, but when I do, I feel like it will be far removed from the oilfield and telecom industries I came from.

Really happy for you and your new lady! Keep us posted..
  7. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy ya'll...

I just stumbled across this thread recently, and haven't gotten much work done since. Epic adventure! I loved how it unfolded, was curious the whole time how it would end.

I guess it ended with Josh not making it to Alaska, but that shouldn't diminish everything else that happened along the way. Very inspiring. Anyone that ever said a bad thing about Josh or his trip should be shamed into exile. This was all good, and most of us really enjoyed going along for the ride.

Thx Josh, good luck with your future adventures..

Allen
  8. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    What a pleasant surprize Josh! Was searching for something else about DL1000's and your re emerged thread pops up. I'm thinking Looky looky, my boy is alive and kickin'. U just can't imangine the pleasant hours I spent living your trip with you. Even when I was out on tour I had to hurry to see where you had been and what you were up to.
    Just can't keep a good man down Josh. The best of life to you and your new lady love, Ann. And of course tha Dog. Pets are like a child in every way.

Hang tuff,
  9. Kidder

Kidder Poser Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Josh, congratulations on your engagement! Glad you're doing well. How are your rides around 820? :rofl
  10. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Josh,

Apparently, a year goes fast. I took a vacation from ADVrider for a long while, got on today and scrolled around. I came across your thread and got updated. Yeeehaaa. SOOOOOO glad you are well. Little Bones was just asking me if I had heard from/about you and how lucky we were to enjoy that weekend together almost exactly a year ago.

Apparently, you have good taste both in women and dogs (is that a bullmastiff....and if so, I will take credit for introducing you to that great breed...remember ours?)

Ann good luck. It will be great ride.

Josh, if you get a moment and want a chuckle, email me directly and I will send some pics from up here that will bring a smile to your face.

Anyway, glad you are well and felt the time spent on the road was worth all of it. It was worth it for us, having you visit and share a slice of your life with me and my family. Congrats and best wishes!

Bones
  11. Kaneman

Kaneman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bones, check ur email man!

Oh, and no, he's a Boxer....a gigantic Boxer, lol.

This is my Boxer Chariot...
    [​IMG]

My other dog is a 6 yr old Chocolate Lab rescue
    [​IMG]
  12. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    cool dogs, kaneman! we have 3 dogs, & one of them is a miniature of your boxer:

[​IMG]
  13. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    Miniature dog? Where? All I see is a rodent.
  14. NitroRoo

NitroRoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh,

That is so awesome that you came back and posted. I don't know if I even ever posted in your thread before.. but it was one of the first I found here on ADV rider and I was hooked from day one. Every day I would log in to check in on your travels. Anyway, congrats on the engagement and a good outlook on life. Not sure when your wedding is planned but here's a little slideshow of my work: www.aaronlockwoodphotography.com/associate I could definitely work something out for you. Glad you're back and didn't let the naysayers keep you down.
  15. Achange

Achange New and Improved

Oddometer:
    Josh,
    Thanks for being there for all of us:

16. Kaneman

Kaneman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Extremely hard to believe its been a year already.
  17. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Apparently, Kaneman has been feeding that boxer a lot of eggs!

Got the email.

Good on ya' !

Bones
  18. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ain't that the truth:D

Glad to see you doing well and back posting here. Love the dog powered chariot...you rig that up for the kids?
  19. PassingThruPhil

PassingThruPhil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Josh, So great to see you back on the forum. I followed you last year,sitting here in my office, sometimes smiling, laughing and at times wanting to get rid of the naysayers in a negative way!:D

You reminded me of my own short, cross country 'venture 25 yrs ago and that I have to take it again, but for a couple months this time.

I'm laughing, catching up on the posts here and my office folk are wondering what's going on with him? If only they knew the joy of riding!

Take it easy on the bike - I think you need some ECM the way you're riding.You don't want to be "grounded"

Be safe and congrats on Ann. Just love her!

Phil

:freaky
  20. velosprocket

velosprocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No kidding! I really enjoyed your reports last year. Congrats on the engagement!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.