Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kaneman, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaneman

Kaneman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whatttssss up dudes?!?

Got a pm from a member here saying welcome back, figured someone drug this thread out of the basement. Thank you Particle man! haha.

Everything on my end is great. Got a great wife and stepson, a cool pack of dogs and a new house to move into this weekend. Still think about the ride everyday. I've been on a few rides and camping a couple of times since....but nothing like being out on the road for those few months. Don't regret any second of it and never will. Good times.

Thanks for dropping me a line!
  2. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Life is Good !!! Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
    CONGRATULATIONS on finding that special woman and new family. Your journey was an inspiration for many of us. I wish I had an experience like your before getting married and started a family. Thanks again for one of the best rides I never took.
    Cheers
    Drew
  3. DREW823

DREW823 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave...Not right dude !:asshat
  4. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Long timer

Oddometer:
    secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
    [​IMG]

:lol3 Thanks again for writing it up.
    :beer
  5. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    I came across the Kaneman adventure today and read a few pages, very interesting. I see that he started out on a ZRX and then moved on to a Strom. Without going through hundreds of post could someone explain why?
  6. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ZRX took a shit.
  7. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Dang! :rofl I guess I'll search the archives a little further. Thanks
  8. OldBiker0_3

OldBiker0_3 OldBiker0_3

Oddometer:
    I was with you from the first post. Glad life is treating you well. I knew there were still some great folks left all along and I know you were as happy to meet them as they were to meet you. I enjoyed the ride report very much and was sorry about the ass hats. There will always be such people and it's a shame. Long life, good health, and wonderful times ahead for you and your family.:clap :thumbup
  9. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was good to 'ride along' via the reports. Glad to read you're doing well, and wish you and yours all the best in the future!
  10. Reposado1800

Reposado1800 Juicy J fan!

Oddometer:
    This thread pulled me into the world that is Advrider.
    I think the same thing kind of went down in fishfund's RR as well. Doing a RR on the road vs after you get back is how the drama sets in.. especially when money is involved.
    Legendary stuff.
  11. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    We sure had fun when Kaneman came to visit, here.

Bones
  12. wvdeuce

wvdeuce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I have found this thread about two weeks ago and have been reading it off and on since. I love it. I am on page 148 and I will keep on reading. I am retired so when I take off on my bike I do not have to be back on certain day unless my wife asked me. It is fantastic to free of work. :D

Deuce
  13. ScottV

ScottV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good Times!

[​IMG]
  14. woot_in_NS

woot_in_NS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been lurking/posting here for awhile and finally found this one. Loving reading it... it is great to be able to experience some of the moments on the road. It is like a second family - but this time they understand the call of the road... congrats man, and best of luck with all of life's changes.

Thanks!

p.s. made it to page 50... only 300+ pages to go. :D
  15. Wildabeast

Wildabeast Wide Open

Oddometer:
    Great ride Citizen Kane!

I wish you had slammed your computer shut and gone on the ride. But I hear you on the negative vibes. It can erode the positive energy a lot faster than one might think. I've dealt with it personally before.

Anyway, I did have a lot of fun burning away the hours reading about your trip. If you read this, you should come up to Vermont this summer! I never heard it mentioned once in your plans! I'm telling you man, it's nice up here in the summer.

See ya man,

Wildabeast
  16. Stravoxylo

Stravoxylo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    glad things are going great for you kaneman

Your ride gave me the kick I needed to hop on a plane to Europe, buy a bike, and head out for a tour of the Balkans in 2007.
    Best thing I ever did.
  17. WildChildRider

WildChildRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To Kaneman:

Reading your journey has been like a book and its been so hard to put down for the last two weeks. I am writing this at 4:30AM in Nor Cali. I do realize that its been over a few years since your journey but I am sure that to this day someone like me that enjoys riding as much as you do is being inspired by your life and the time spent on the road. I am sad you never made it AK but it sounds like you got everything right where it should be.

If you ever make it NOR CALI, Sacramento Area look me up I owe you a beer and you owe me vizine because my eyes have been plastered to my computer monitor for over 5 hours now.

Logan Wild

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Tony - whats with the "2 in the pink 1 in the stink" logo?
  19. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the "sign" Kaneman adopted on his trip.
  20. Schlug

Schlug JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    the ZRX crapped out and then, dude, this is a not story to tell in Ride Reports. search for Kaneman on this site and you'll see how the ride... wasn't accepted well by a large number of inmates. all that banter was moved to jo momma because we're not allowed to make those sort of comments here. or i can PM you the details as i see it as well.

speaking of guys not being able to make it to alaska because they only had a few thousand dollars...

what ever happened to cheap aussie c*nt? (who did make it. and then some)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.