Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kaneman, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Long timer

Oddometer:
    secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
    Yo Cole...
    :nod
    Whut tim sed...​
    :lol3
  2. helidude

helidude defy gravity

Oddometer:

... now there is a worthy ADV Rider, and Ride Report!!!! One of the most entertaining guys on this site.

... and now we have that new dude riding the postiebike from Sidney Aus., to England!

Kaneman and his groupies could learn a lesson about adventure from these guys.:rofl
  3. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Interesting comment...
    One has to have thought about doing something like this, and/or have some imagination for what it takes to try a change in life, to be able really give the appropriate value to such reports as Kaneman's report. I really enjoyed Kaneman's trip, and I do thing he took many risks in doing so. One of them was to expose his life challenges to people who may not give a damn about it or people who envy his courage, or people who don't have a clue about what is really going on.

If I would have anything on the way of criticizing Kaneman, it would have been that he let these people decide the outcome of this life adventure. On the other hand, that provided a reason for him to change yet again. Which was a full circle from what led him to get on the road in the first place. A good thing in my book.

Lion

4. dirtjumper

dirtjumper Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Most Of You Are Haters Please feel Free To Hate On Me I Have Already Taken One Bullet From Haters Like You Now I Shoot First:deal :deal
  5. pacman1

pacman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those of you who wish to cull the endless shite from this and other legendary ride reports, hit http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/45586 and instill the little greasemonkey magic script. Enable it and enjoy.
  6. wvdeuce

wvdeuce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Kainman. I enjoyed your site. I found it about 3 weeks ago and have been reading off on since them. I am on a couple of motorcycles sites and I know from experience if you say white is white and black is black you will find many who have a what they think is valid argument against that. I am retired and I knew going back to work at your age is a known fact unless you win the lottery.
    You will never look back on what you did in a negative way.
    Good luck in the future
    Wvdeuce.
  7. cub

cub Adv-wannabe

Oddometer:
    Wow I can't believe this was two years ago!! I told a friend of mine about this thread just three days ago and then went in here to look it up. One of the best threads and journeys I've read here. It also inspired me to do my own trips and just yesterday I finally got to the point where I could buy the bike for it. Adventure awaits! I will with a bit of luck quit my job soon and head down in Europe (for another job though..:D )
  8. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Sorry for hyjacking this but I thought i`d answer BobbySands question..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170331

cheers..
  9. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you Kaneman. Glad all is going well.

Never ceases to amaze me the extremes this RR brought and continues to bring out in people. It was a great run.
  10. LngRidr

LngRidr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    after reading all that i am bummed kaneman never got to alaska. it would have been interesting to read his take on things and see his pictures.
  11. Kaneman

Kaneman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guilty as charged, my only regret.
  12. hiway9

hiway9 n00b

Oddometer:
    Kaneman,

Did you discontinue you website. How about an update on your recent travels?
  13. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you are still lurking around here Josh!! I really liked they way your 'little' ride started out and was saddened to see some fuckwits screwed it all up for you. Hang in there dude!!:lol3
  14. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Hey Kaneman from Southwest Louisiana again. Hope all is well for you and yours. All is great here. Hang tuff.
  15. bettingpython

bettingpython Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now I have to find another ride report to entertain me during the slack time when I am bored.

Helluva trip wish someone had archived his second 1/2 but c'est la vie.

Travel when you're young folks because tomorrow never comes.
  16. otto

otto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kaneman's adventure wasn't epic, but it sure was a great story to follow. Yeah too bad about the jealous dipshits criticism. I'd be willing to bet most of the assholes don't even own a bike and if they do they never left their county of residence.

Go Kaneman!
  17. ClarkA

ClarkA Power sleeper and eater

Oddometer:

Wise words on a smart act. Be safe and enjoy. As a refugee from the edge of corporate healthcare I envy you and hope to make a similar plunge! Sorry we don't have a firmed butted trainer to say goodbye to!:lol3
  18. Tripper

Tripper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes indeed. Guilty you are.
  19. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    No kidding. I need to live vicariously through someone until I get through this fog.
  20. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    It was epic to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.