Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kaneman, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    I disagree... Anyone who spends months riding around anywhere is having an epic journey.

He visited like 20+ states traveled thousands of miles..

EPIC !!!
  2. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kaneman,

Last week the title of this thread caught my I so I decided to take a look. I started at the beginning and soon I was hooked. It was like starting a great novel where you just can't put it down because you have to know how it ends. Your writing and picture taking created a true masterpeace. It really was an Epic adventure. Maybe you didn't go to any truly exotic places but you experiences rank up there with the best I've read. The way you described Virginia Tech and Lake placid were far better than anything I've previously seen. Your description of Colorado and Utah took me back to the first time I experienced those incredible states. The most incredible part of your story was the people you met, and how the internet made it possible for them to become involved in your journey. You also inspired me to get off my butt and start learning how to use my digital camera which has been gathering dust.

Add me to the long list of fans who really enjoyed your story and are glad you decided to share it on this forum. Thanks!
  3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Fierce Meerkat

Oddometer:
    ^
    No doubt. I kept up with this ride as it happened; really enjoyed the stories and photos, and was sickened by the mob mentality of some inmates here. I never understood the need to cut others down. If you don't like certain aspects of someone elses ride, keep your mouth shut-it's none of your business, or better yet, don't read it.

Josh, I hope life finds you well. May there be many more great rides in your lifetime.
  4. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Josh,

Nice to see you step back into the ring...and to know that your life is going well.

However we do have a piece of unfinished business. You and Scott...slackers that you were, failed to finish that bottle of Buffalo Trace Single Barrel. It may still be around here somewhere. Or not:-)

Good memories...hope to see you again sometime.

Best........John
  5. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only people who get get harsh criticism are those who are out there really doing something. Mediocrity is left alone.

Josh pursued a dream, made it happen, met some folks along the way, the story played out in ways that I am sure he would never imagined at the outset, and went with the flow. Not too many folks own the mellons to do that.

Still a great story. And it deserves five, not four stars.

Bones
  6. the darth peach

the darth peach eats crackers in bed

Oddometer:
    I agree.
  7. Dr. Zombo

Dr. Zombo I need a bike ...

Oddometer:
    Finally finished the thread, and the madness in JM. All I can say is that this young man pursued something to the best of his ability, allowed human kindness and generosity to shine, and then finished this phase of the journey.
    Inspiring to me, a 45 year-old newly single man, with no mortgage, wife or kids. Look for me to be shucking off the corporate load in the next 2-3 years and go riding and working my way around this hemisphere. This RR cinched it for me.:freaky

If I'm ever back in TX (lived in San Antonio/Converse for 5 years), I'll look you up, Josh.:deal
  8. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  9. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Excellent! And I will look forward to hearing from you here as (if) you put this in motion.
    Lion

10. tsunamichop007

tsunamichop007 06 gs1150 adventure special edition

Oddometer:
    I came across your thread and was hooked immediately...your ride reports were great as were the pics....travelng the country and meeting new friends looked like a ton of fun.....I took my first really big ride in '03 to yellowstone starting in my town of roanoke Va. it was such a great experience i'll never forget......best of luck to you and to all those NEW friends you met along the way....their kindness and generosity along the way is something i'm sure you'll cherish forever....Keith :D
  11. otto

otto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay epic it is. :clap
  12. PrtclMn001

PrtclMn001 Custom User Title

Oddometer:
    agreed.
  13. mike

mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    EPIC !!!!!!!
  14. HBN

HBN lostwithmike.com

Oddometer:
    355pg Later I have finally completed the RR :clap More inspiration than I could explain. Thank you and here's to you and Ann!!!:beer
  15. joey95

joey95 n00b

Oddometer:
    good luck on your journey
  16. Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès The Kanto Pain

Oddometer:
    This is a Ben-Hur of a ride report.

1,500,000 views, 5,000 plus posts. And counting.

FIVE * * * * *

FIVE * * * * *

FIVE * * * * *
  17. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    It was always so much fun to check in and see what this young man was up to. Kinda like going out in the morning and getting a paper to read but much more entertaining.
    God speed Kaneman and surely hope your life is running on a super plus scale.
  18. joey95

joey95 n00b

Oddometer:
    I agree pulled pork is the way
  19. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that I have had the chance to read many incredible and fantastic ride reports including epic trips to exotic places like Russia, Mongolia, Afghanistan, and various other "stans", I have to say that this one is still my favorite:clap:clap:clap
  20. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    There is much to say about "here", this vast country of ours... A Lifetimw will never be enough to explore it all... Lets face it, how many truly will have the chance throughout their 2 weeks a year vacation to do Mongolia, Russia and on...? We have been on the road now for over 3 years and I will as we have just began! The more we experience the more there is to be found...

Be well... Ara & Spirit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.