R 1100/1150 GS/RT/RS/R/S throttle body repair kit

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dan Cãta, Oct 20, 2010.

1. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    99 R1100GS. had a buddy helping research stuff and the bing carb us site is what he had found with the type 77 being what i needed.
  2. Dan Cãta

Dan Cãta Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If what you ordered does not fit, the price is the same as always, 60$ for one side, 110$ for both + shipping, 19$

Dan.
  3. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If it turns out wrong I will definatly be hitting you up for that. 80 plus is a little ridiculous.
  4. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    Also, if I do the fitting, it now takes me ~ 20 mins to do a pair, a lot less then it took when I first done this... :)

Dan.
  5. DirtWanabe

DirtWanabe Classic Adv Bike rider

Oddometer:
    Hey mate, I fitted a kit from Dan to my '97 R1100RT a few years ago and it has been excellent, you wont be disappointed.
    Dave
  6. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback :clap

Dan.
    DirtWanabe likes this.
  7. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do my own work whenever possible. And it gives me something to do/ help combat depression. Don't have the funds at the moment to have both done, and ive read that the right wears faster than left. I will replace the left as soon as i have some money floating around though. Boss needs to pay more.
  8. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    Doing the job yourself is very good and I encourage that. It makes you know the bike better and gives you the satisfaction that you have done something using your own hands, that works!
    Regarding wear, weird enough, since both intakes have the same action, one side has more than the other.
    But most customers go for fixing both sides, otherwise, fixing just one side, would make the job incomplete.

Dan.
  9. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    While I do agree that they should be replaced together, to complete the job, I am unfortunatly unable to due to uncle sam not paying enough.
  10. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you know the difference between the type 45 and type 47 throttle bodies by chance?
  11. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    I know all the differences between the intakes, customers just need to tell me the bike model and year, e.g. r1150r 2003.

Dan.
  12. PaleDragon

PaleDragon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    will a type 47 kit work on a type 45?
  13. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    45&47 are the intake diameters?
    If you have any further questions, perhaps it would be best if you can send me a PM instead of asking here ;)

Dan.
  14. wildwestrider

wildwestrider Pack-Mule Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Dan, Looks like I have to purchase an app or something to see your instructions there.
  15. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    No need to purchase anything, click the link above and press the large green download button, it will download you the pdf file withe the instructions.

Dan.
  16. Knob Slinger

Knob Slinger The Anti-Poser

Oddometer:
    I just received my Dan Cata rebuild kit for my R1100GS. Purchased the whole kit but doing my right side first since it was the one making all the noise. Got everything back together but when I tighten the Allen bolt on the cable pulley the shaft gets tight and won't return to idle. I made sure my bushings are fully set, clean, oiled, and etc. I have had it apart 10 times looking for the problem. Everything is fine until the last half turn of the Allen bolt on the cable pulley. I put it together without the spring washer (slightly curved thin washer) under the throttle cable pulley and it moved freely after the Allen bolt on the cable pulley was tightened. But without the spring washer the shaft slides back and forth which I assume could present problems when the butterfly plate is installed. I even measured the length of the shaft from where the throttle cable pulley seats to where the spring clip seats to see if it was shorter. It was, buy by only 0.0005" so I don't think that is enough to make a difference.

I'm at my whits end here, any help would be appreciated. I haven't seen or heard of anyone having this issue. Has anyone had trouble with this before on a rebuild? Many thanks.
  17. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    There is the problem, that thin washer under the pulley. I am assuming your bike is older, like a 93, 94 model, right?
    Later models do not have that washer and the pulley sits straight over the intake, without any washer.
    Do not worry if the pulley and spindle have axial play when the butterfly plate is not fitted, it is normal. When you tighten the butterfly plate, that play will go away. That is the way it was designed from factory.

Dan.
  18. Knob Slinger

Knob Slinger The Anti-Poser

Oddometer:
    Dan, thanks. I left the spring washer out and put it together, synced the TB’s again and it’s running good. This is the second 94 model R1100GS I have had with the right TB bad (I purchased both of them that way). The first one I put a used TB on.
    It would be interesting to know why this problem occurs. It seems to be more common on the R side. I would not think it was a material defect or assembly. I noticed (or at least I think I did) that on both bikes there still is slightly more noise or clicking on the replaced/rebuilt TB than the opposite (I only rebuilt/replaced the R side on both bikes). Even after adjusting the valves and TB sync there is still more noise on the R side. I can feel a more pronounced clicking on the R side TB.
    I'm probably just over thinking things as I have seen many people say they have 50k to 100k miles on your rebuild kit. Thanks again for the parts and the help.
  19. Dan Cãta

Oddometer:
    On the 1100 models, it seems that the R/H side develops more play than the L/H side; it's the opposite on the 1150's.
    However, more play usually means that they both have play, and then both of them need fixing...

Besides the intake, there is also the injector that makes some noise... that is how it works. Ans in some cases it can be pretty audible too, from what I have... heard :D

I am glad that you got it working as it should!

Dan.
  20. wildwestrider

wildwestrider Pack-Mule Hooligan

Oddometer: