R.M.T.A. - Rocky Mountain Trials Association

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brake, Apr 23, 2010.

1. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This was my first one so I did not score. Watching some of the folks scoring both days, I still had some to learn. I would have been pissing some riders of. I noticed some scorers being pretty lax where I would have counted something.

I will score on my next one!
  2. Bendejo

Bendejo Movin' on up

Oddometer:
    I talked to Jody about scoring. She said for total n00bs like us, she would send us out with an experienced scoring team to learn.
  3. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    I thought it was required?
    I rode one even in Pueblo with RMTA and it was definitely required when I rode for years in NETA.
  4. Moto Beak

Moto Beak Professional Amateur

Oddometer:
    Round 5 at Turkey Rock was fun. It was a nice preview of the terrain for the nationals next month. It will be unreal with all the big rock faces. I guess most of the ADV trials riders were goofing around somewhere near Buena Vista or something, but Shercoman and I upheld ADV honor by him winning his class and me collecting another third place in mine. It was good to meet you Mark. We'll have to get out for some trials practice some time.
  5. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Hey Moto Beak and Shercoman! Where you guys live? I sold my brother my older gasgas a year ago or so, but he hasnt made the conversion from MX riding, yet, been too busy to ride more or less, but there is hope.

Anyhow, He's up by Longmont/berthud race track area. Dad & I wish and hope to make an RMTA meet this year from kansas, drag him out and meet people. you know, get him started. would like to get him started asap. if you guys are anywhere near him, get me your emails via PM, if I make it out there maybe we can meet sat or something and I dunno, drink a cold one?
    :thumb
  6. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Nice! :thumb

We were out playing near BV but the trialers definitely got a good work out. :nod
  7. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moto Beak
    It was great to meet you too.
    I would like to get together for some preactice. All of my riding buddies ride fast bikes and I cannot get them to try Trials.
    Bummer!
    Anyway,let's see if we can put together a little practice group.:clap
  8. Brake

Brake "Tractor right up it"

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted if you guys are getting together for a parctice group. I may be interested if i don't anything going on.........
  9. Brake

Oddometer:
    Anyone got any better directions to the next event at Pilot Peak South. I was looking at the email from the RMTA and it isn't very clear about where this place really is at (Main roads,etc)....Coming from Denver:ear Got my mom in town that weekend and she would love to see why people ride bikes w/o seats:scratch .......I can't explain it to her so i will try to show her:deal

THX
  10. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    if you goto website, they posted the GPS on the map...
    put it in google maps, zoom out a little... and yeah I started a thread about bad maps on here a while back, and RMTA is a posterchild for "Pirate Maps" that nobody outside the gang of misfits are meant to discover the treasure...

N39 05.703 W105 23.317
  11. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I just got my Dirt Rider mag in the mail and the featured photo (about 5 pages in) is Colorado's Kieth Wineland doing a huge step-up! :thumb

The caption also says how trials is postioned for a big surge in popularity.

Good job CO!
  12. Brake

Oddometer:
    That's awesome!!!:clap I have been saying that in 5-10 years the "COOL" kids with the trials bikes; will just be regular people. It's slowly making it's way to the states.......

When Ben and i went to get our OHV registration, AT THE MOTORCYCLE SHOP, the lady said "what's a trials bike?" :huh REALLY!!!..... But i had never heard of one till last fall and now i own one and have been bitten big time.............. It'll happen:deal
  13. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    :thumb

I know the first time I rode one, I was hooked immediately. It's very addictive! Can't imagine not having a trialer now. :nod
  14. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Dark Side..... [​IMG]
  15. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Great...he found his DV smilie. :rolleyes

:lol3
  16. ridenm

ridenm Missing my emotional support squirrel Supporter

Oddometer:
    Vader Smilie; isn't that one of those oxymoronic thingies?

<div style="background:#000000;width:400px;height:348px"><embed flashVars="playerVars=showStats=no|autoPlay=no|" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/sy-23636014/weird_al_yankovic_the_saga_begins_official_music_video.swf" width="400" height="348" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_sy-23636014" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-23636014/weird_al_yankovic_the_saga_begins_official_music_video/">Weird Al Yankovic - The Saga Begins (Official Music Video)</a>. Watch more top selected videos about: <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-23636014/weird_al_yankovic_the_saga_begins_official_music_video/https://www.metacafe.com/topics/Weird_Al_Yankovic/" title="Weird_Al_Yankovic">Weird_Al_Yankovic</a></div></div>
  17. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
  18. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Yes. YES the Dark Side is very powerful....... [​IMG]

You cannot resist...... :lol3
  19. ridenm

ridenm Missing my emotional support squirrel Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually, not to belittle your schvartz, but I can barely see the DV smilie on the forum's dark skin background, and the light skin isn't any better. Now you need a high-res DV smilie...
  20. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Alright, I'll keep looking.... :bluduh