R100 Cafe Racer Build By Boxerworks

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Nathan@Boxerworks, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nathan@Boxerworks

Nathan@Boxerworks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a ongoing 1981 R100 custom build.
    The chassis was built by myself and our fabricator extraordinaire Paul Miller. The front end was shortened internally. Wheels are 8 gauge spokes with Sun deep dish rims. You may have noticed that we have swapped out the front end with an earlier one so that spoked wheels could be used on both the front and rear. Paul Miller also did a beautiful job on the custom 2-1 exhaust and well.

Matching paintwork was done by Stacey Smith in Elberton, GA. Powder coating by Miller Powder coating in Buford, GA.

It's controlled by a Bluetooth M-unit for remote starting via Cell Phone.

This is a project that the owner has taken part in spending time in the shop doing working on project he finds interesting like wiring the bike himself.

IMG_2540.JPG IMG_2557.JPG IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2422.JPG
  2. Desmodue

Desmodue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brilliant! Very nice job. I’d call this a scrambler rather than a cafe however.

Do you have any pointers on where to find exhaust tube bends like this? Assuming you didn’t make them.
    Nathan@Boxerworks likes this.
  3. Nathan@Boxerworks

Oddometer:
    In the words of the owner, "The only time I'm going to take this off road is if I miss a turn." Haha
    bpeckm likes this.
  4. Nathan@Boxerworks

Oddometer:
    As we mentioned in the thread, our friend PAUL MILLER makes all our exhausts and can make anything u can think of!!
  5. Desmodue

Desmodue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ha I like that, will have to remember that one.
  6. Desmodue

Desmodue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a lifelong stainless welder, my compliments to him and your work on this. That color, I used to,have a car the same color. Some days it was blue, others it was purple.

So how does it ride?
  7. Nathan@Boxerworks

Oddometer:
    Everything Paul does is top notch and everyone who sees his welds and work has good things to say! As far as the way it rides, We have not gotten it ready to ride quite yet, to much happening here. Also to the guy who sent a note about were we get the stainless pipe w the bends in them, I have found "Summit Racing" has a good selection of stuff in stock. Not the cheapest but good service and most of it is quality.
  8. BicyclebBob

BicyclebBob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There’s a few places that sell bends. I’ve bought the builders kit from here and it’s pretty good.

https://www.coneeng.com/motorcycle_components.html
  9. Nathan@Boxerworks

Oddometer:
    yea we have bought from Cone too. There are better industrial places but quality varies as do nominal sizes so we try to buy from the same source as much as we can
    NitroAcres likes this.
  10. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Nathan@Boxerworks

Oddometer:
    the pic us sent is generation one, out gen two does not have the heat shields and the pipe runs straight back no offset. We have no heat issues as long as it is wrapped. None of our systems need rejetting either and we have mad several variations and have no problems building any set up!