R1100/1150 Companion Maintenance DVD Video Available now!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JimVonBaden, Jul 27, 2007.

1. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings!

I would like to introduce the BMW R1100/1150 Companion DVD Video.

In this DVD we will cover many of the items not covered by the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video, and including the following items specific to the R1100/1150 series non-servo motorcycles:

[​IMG]
    *Removing the Gas Tank.

[​IMG]
    *Changing the Fuel Filter,
    *Air filter change,
    *Gas Tank Installation,

[​IMG]
    *Valve Adjustment procedures (Differentiation from the R1200),
    *Throttle Body Sync,

[​IMG]
    *Brake Bleeding procedures (Non-servo),

[​IMG]
    *Alternator Belt Replacement,

[​IMG]
    *Final Drive drain and refill,

[​IMG]
    *Spoke Checking procedures.

This DVD is exclusively for the R1100/1150 bikes, which includes the GS/RS/RT and R1100/1150R bikes. Although the fuel tank removal and installation vary by model, the basics are the same.

This is NOT an all inclusive DVD like the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video, but covers the differences.

If you have an 1150 with servo-ABS, and desire to complete the brake flush procedure, you will need the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video.

Unfortunately my ideas for including other items did not fit with the content and length of the DVD, so they are not included. This DVD is already 1 hour 20 minutes long, and would not adequately accommodate any reasonable amount of additional film. I apologize if this causes any concerns.

Also, if you have reasonable skills, and can accomplish the transmission fluid change, and engine oil change, this DVD will give you the rest of what you need with the exception of step-by-step valve cover removal and installation, though the basics ARE covered.

Thanks to all of you who ordered the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video for making this next DVD possible.

This will not be the last DVD either. Already complete is a DVD exclusively devoted to accessory installation. See it at www.jimvonbaden.com.

If you would like to order the R1100/1150 Companion DVD please see one of the following vendors who will have it in stock for immediate delivery:

Check with:
    www.advworkshop.com,
    www.cyclenutz.com,
    www.beemershop.com,
    www.beemerboneyard.com, www.bestrestproducts.com,
    and www.marcparnes.com for orders from their stock, as well as some great deals on hard to find parts and accessories!

The R1200 36K Maintenance Video is also available from the above vendors.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at JimVonBaden @ MSN.com

Thanks,

Jim :brow AKA Jim Von Baden
  2. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    It looks like I forgot a price on these. They are only $20 plus shipping from the above listed vendors!:thumb

Thanks,

Jim :brow

PS Just in case it wasn't clear. This is not a bunch of still shots, but moving video with lists of tools and specs for each procedure.
  3. SkyeTrek

SkyeTrek SkyeTrek

Oddometer:
    Jim,

First thanks to you and the many others who provide a great service to the forum. :clap

Apologies if you already posted this in a separate thread, but can provide a link in your signature about what will be covered in the new accessories DVD?
  4. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Thanks,

The accessories DVD, due out late October, will be a non-bike denominational video covering the installation of a variety of popular accessories. While many of them will be installed on BMW's, my hope is to make them also valuable to other brands.

Planned inclusion will be a Tire Pressure Monitor, Jesse Bags, Centech/Blue Seas Fuse box, Motolights, Piaa Lights, GPS mounts and wiring, and as many more as I can fit on the DVD.

As it comes together I will post more definite information.

I really hope to have it ready for the winter farkling season!:deal :D

5. Jamie

Jamie .

Oddometer:
    +1. You can count me in for one. Thanks for the past "offline" help, too!:thumb
  6. Bora20

Bora20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I order the 1100/1150 video, do I need to get the 1200 video as well or am I fine with only the one. I am really only interested in the valve procedure.

I changed the air filter, engine oil, trans oil, and final drive oil last weekend. I am pulling the tank this weekend to connect my intercom so I am very comfortable working on my bike and car (2000 Mercedes).
  7. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    The Valve procedure is a bit more basic on the 1100/1150, but for someone of your skill level it should be just fine.

The 1100/1150 DVD also contains a very good Throttle Body Sync procedure that you might find usefull for after you complete the valve adjustment.

Also, if you have the non-servo brakes, the 1100/1150 DVD covers flushing them as well. IF you have the servo-ABS system, and are interested in doing the brake flush, then you will need the R1200DVD.

Thanks,

8. Bora20

Bora20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No servo ABS brakes, just plain EVO ABS brakes.

I will order it tomorrow.
  9. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Pardon the mistake in the original add, now fixed, Marc Parnes link was incorrect. It should take you to his site www.marcParnes.com .

I hope this didn't cause any inconvenience.

10. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
  11. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Look for an informational website coming soon, that will include updates to the DVDs, a suggestions section, and an FAQ section!

12. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dumb question for you...Do I need the video for the 1200 since I have an 1100? Are a lot of the mechanics the same?
    THanks,
    Lee
  13. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    No, you just need the R1100/1150 DVD!:thumb

14. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim, I will order one up this payday.
    lee
  15. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! I am so glad you are happy with the DVD!:thumb

For those who have not yet checked it out, see my website: JVB Productions

16. Bruce Caldwell

Bruce Caldwell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got the companion maint. dvd & the flyer that came with it says to remove plugs before doing the valve adjust. I've never done that & have just always followed the OVAD method. Why remove plugs? Also, why is it necessary to put the bike in top gear? Maybe the answers are on the dvd but I haven't watched it yet. Thanks
  17. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    You need to remove the spark plugs to make the engine easier to turn over, otherwise it is quite difficult. Same with putting the bike in 5/6th gear if using the wheel to turn over the motor. You could also turn it over by removing the alternator belt cover and using a socket on the pully nut, but in that case you want the bike in neutral.

I am pretty sure I mention that on the DVD, but if not please let me know.

Thnaks,

PS Rick or JJ, can you move this to Vendors if you think it belongs there? Thanks.
  18. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
  19. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    The R1200 and R1100/1150 DVDs are in stock and available for delivery! Please see any of the vendors, or my website.

Thanks!

20. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    :D Get yours now, just in time for the spring riding season. You know you need to get the bike ready, why wait?