For sale R1150GS $4K, Washington State

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by ORexpat, Feb 9, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer:
    I’m putting this out there to gauge interest. I’m thinking of buying a smaller bike. My lovely old oilhead GS seems to get a few pounds heavier and a bit taller every year. I hit 70 last month and, while I truly love this old bike, it’s time for something a bit smaller. So here’s what I’ve got.

R1150GS. Titled as a 2004, built in April 2003. 82XXX miles (still piling them on!). Located on Washington’s Kitsap Peninsula, west of Seattle.

This old beast isn’t a garage queen. I’ve ridden it a bunch since I purchased it from the original owner in 2010. He bought it new from Bob’s BMW in Jessup MD.

The good:
    Two wheel sets, both with rotors. I keep TKC-80’s on one, Tourances on the other
    Ohlin’s shocks, front and rear. Rebuilt 10K miles ago
    Two sets luggage. Hepco-Becker hard cases, Altrider Hemisphere soft panniers.
    Two seats. Mr. Ed’s Moto custom low seat, and Rick Meyer regular seat-worn.
    Three windshields. Stock with winglets and big Calsci winter/touring windshield. Older Cee Bailey included.
    Almost new SW Motech engine guard.
    Extra lights. Old PIAA’s replaced last summer with Cyclops LEDs. Original Moto Lights on front brake calipers.
    Small farkles include Touratech luggage rack extension, Altrider brake pedal extension, lowered footpegs, TPS protector, Touratech headlight guard (not installed).
    Remus muffler installed, OEM included.
    Canisterectomy performed. Old canister included.

I have a maintenance log, but don’t keep receipts. Oil, final drive, oil filter changed approximately every 5K miles. Transmission changed every 10K miles. Valves checked, throttle bodies synched at oil changes.

The not-so-good:
    The miles, obviously.
    The underside of the left valve cover is rashed from a crash on the Idaho BDR a couple of years ago.
    Stock windshield has scratches and shows it age, but still works well.
    Hepco Becker panniers have their share of scratches. No big dents and seal well, but can be fiddley.
    I put a Roto Pax fuel can mount on the left pannier. When I took it off I put bolts in to seal the holes. I’ll convey the mount if you wish.

I’d like to get $4,000 for everything. The bike’s ready to go; if I don’t sell it, I’m riding it to Alaska this summer. With care and maintenance, there’s no real reason this thing won’t go at least 150K miles.

The weather’s been terrible out here in the PNW, so I haven’t yet taken any current photos. Here’s some older photos of the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just to prove it's been ridden to more places than the local Starbucks . . .

[​IMG]

This was the tipover that resulted in the rashed valve cover. It also broke the OEM crash bars so I installed the SW Motech bar. Much better, and the new Cyclops lights are now mounted on the crash bars so they're protected too.

The Altrider luggage suffered zero damage in this low speed tipover. Neither did I!

PM me if you're interested. I can take new, current photos whenever the rain eases off!
    bike likes this.
  2. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer:
    Bump!

Getting some interest in the old girl, but want to keep it out there. Weather's getting better; maybe a fly-on-ride in a month or two?? :clap

I should have mentioned that the wheels currently on the bike have Tourances, with quite a few miles. Spare rims have TKC-80's; about half gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.