R1150GS motronic code plug / bridging

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by luca9277, Mar 31, 2014.

1. luca9277

luca9277 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Roaming the forum I came across a post about surging issues on the 1150, it had this diagram, surely enough I checked my bike right away and the yellow CCP is lose (not plugged into anything) with a bridge on 30-87.
    This new to me 1150gs came with k&n filter, leovince exhaust, no O2 sensor.. Does anyone know if:
    A: these comments are correct
    B: is there an up to date list of configs for the 1150? I read somewhere these might be the ones for the 1100gs..
    I wonder if a different bridge could sort out the slight engine sourge I can feel when cruising at constant speed...

[​IMG]
  2. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
  3. Jim Moore

Jim Moore "You ain't black!"

Oddometer:
    I'd try it with no CCP at all. That worked best for me.
  4. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ignore the chart, as said its for something else.

There are two prominent plugs for the 1150:
    Pink for the RT
    Yellow for the GS

An 1150 will run better with the O2 sensor connected and installed. It is often leaner without the sensor.

Many seem to experiment with the plugs but all the maps on the 1150 are lean and meant for closed loop.

So far the most economical, reliable way to add fuel is by modifying the lambda value of your O2 sensor 4-6% to the rich. That can be done as a home project with an Innovate LC-2 or plug 'n play with a Nightrider AF-XIED. In either case you'll be pleasantly surprised by the improvement. But first you need the O2 sensor in and working so that your Motronic can do its job properly.
  5. luca9277

Oddometer:
    Very helpful, thank you! I understand the 30-87 bridging now... It makes much sense.
  6. luca9277

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger, my aftermarket pipe looks to be designed to remove the O2 sensor, I looked at the LC-2 already, I going to have a look at the nightrider unit as well, being plug and play I would lean towards that one really...
  7. luca9277

Oddometer:
    Actually re-reading your post again Roger as well as the info on the product page it looks like I need this O2 sensor which I am currently missing... Damn it.
  8. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does your Y pipe have an O2 sensor bung welded in?

Beemerboneyard and euromotoelectric have sensors.

As you'll read in my Wideband thread, the Motronic does a lot of good stuff when the O2 sensor is connected and working.
  9. luca9277

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger,
    There is definitely no sensor on my Y pipe.. II will most likely have to get on on..
  10. Karlxx

Karlxx Dirt Curious

Oddometer:
    Hi mate, my 04 1150 GSA has the LeoVince, Y pipe and it does have the 02 sensor fitted. If you want to have a a look (I am in Ryde area). Pm me.
    K
  11. luca9277

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer Karl,
    you just reminded me to update my profile... I moved to Singapore a few weeks back.

BTW.. your sensor is where you would expect it to be right? on the right hand-side of the Y pipe? My Y pipe is a solid piece of metal, I would have to do some drilling to fit it back on..
  12. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    You mentioned LEO Vince, is there still a cat? I guess you know that on a stock R1150GS the O2 sensor bung is welded on the front end of the catalytic converter, midway between the two entry pipes. The sensor screws into the bung.

Even if the sensor is missing, there may be a fitting on the exhaust. I would look for it after the two pipes join into one.

If there is no fitting you should remove the Y-pipe, buy a bung and have it welded in. You have to take care in determining the location since there may not be a lot of room and you need to get the cable/connector of the O2 sensor to reach the harness/connector located under the tank.

You can see it here: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BMW-R1150R-R1150GS-DANMOTO-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-ELIMINATOR-EXHAUST-Y-PIPE-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/OG0AAOxy4~BSS3kK/$T2eC16VHJG!FFmq3tTnLBSS3kJbMhg~~60_57.JPG