R1200GSW Brooks side case racks w/ toolbox

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by lolibater, Sep 17, 2019.

1. lolibater

lolibater Northern California ST/ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    Has anyone with Brooks side cases successfully fit any of the brand name or ebay variants of the left side toolboxes in a fashion that doesn't impact fitment of the side cases? I'm wanting to pick one up, but want it to fit with the side cases as well. All I see online is fitment for OEM Adventure models.

Most of the boxes out there have a top mount that is angled appropriately for the OEM GSA side racks. The mounts for the Brooks side racks are parallel to the ground, and not angled up. This means most won't fit, full stop.

This one however, mounts on the sides only: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-...=113725605807b10d36613c2f4345a25b4f27023ae14f

Do you guys think that it would mate up ok to these racks: https://www.brooksautosports.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93
  2. igi2003

igi2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have brooks and different tool box. fits ok. it's 1250GSA, but I think mount is the same
    IMG_20190525_172319.jpg IMG_20190823_170312.jpg
    JimVonBaden and lolibater like this.
  3. lolibater

Oddometer:
    I saw that box on eBay too. Can you show some close ups of the attachment points please?
  4. ckindt

ckindt Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Globescout pannier does not fit with this toolbox in place. The rear attachment point is directly in the way.

20190916_154907.jpg
    lolibater likes this.
  5. lolibater

Oddometer:
    Actually now that I look closer, it appears you are using Brooks cases but the OEM BMW GSA rack, correct?

If so, that's why it fits for you. These toolboxes were designed for the OEM GSA rack, not Brooks. Maybe you can confirm.

Realized the thread title could use clarification in the regard I'm talking about the racks, so I fixed that.
  6. igi2003

igi2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, racks are BMW original, Brooks fits just great there.
    while I was looking for toolbox, I saw that Touratech says:"stock rear splash guard must be removed to mount the toolbox", which I didn't like, so bought this cheap Chinese box. some of tools can fit there, but the most important for me "stopandgo" kit with compressor didn't.
  7. wanderlost

wanderlost Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the brooks cases , stock luggage racks and cheap chinese toolbox. I just tried fitting the brooks cases on yesterday and they will fit, bit the rear takes a bit of fiddling about to get it on. So I wouldn't want to remove boxes nightly while traveling, but rarely do unless I get it into my head to do a major gear reorganization. These work fine for me. Sorry, no pics. I just pulled the boxes out of the basement to check this after reading your post, so I could conform for myself and for you.
  8. lolibater

Oddometer:
    Yeah I'm looking for someone using Brooks racks, not OEM.
  9. RezRocket

RezRocket n00b Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same here. Need a toolbox that works with the Brooks racks. I'd even do alterations on a toolbox to make it fit if someone had successfully done that.
  10. lolibater

Oddometer:
    Exactly this