R1200GSW Touratech Brake Pedal Riser/Adapter Plate

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by lolibater, Sep 12, 2019.

1. lolibater

lolibater Northern California ST/ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    I love my Touratech brake pedal setup, but always felt that it wasn't high enough for serious off road riding. Complained about it hard enough that my metal fabricator friend decided to make an adapter riser plate for it. This will allow you to run it about 3/4" higher than the highest setting on the Touratech arm itself.

Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

Can be made in various metals and finishes probably. Final versions will be laser cut, this is just a prototype.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Dogslobber

Dogslobber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    These pics make it look super awkward and bulky. Do you have any on bike pics? That might help to visualize this finished product.
  3. lolibater

Oddometer:
    No on bike pics yet. I'm going to pick it up tonight and will shoot some for eveyrone. This is definitely not bulky at all. It adds like 2mm thickness to the whole thing. It may look odd because he has both of the prototype units attached to my pedal tip in the above pictures. It was just to keep them all together until I arrive to pick up.
    Dogslobber likes this.
  4. lolibater

Oddometer:
    I need to take some pics tonight, but first impressions are this thing is now in the perfect placement. Just need to get the final part adjusted slightly for fitment, then to have him fab up some nicer looking ones. Braking while standing up is so easy now.