R75 in search of peace at the devils hwy

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by johnwesley, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Orangepartyhat

Orangepartyhat n00b

Oddometer:
    Great report! Thanks for sharing!
    johnwesley likes this.
  2. CycleSick

CycleSick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My buddy and I just finished 191 last week on two Harleys. Frankly, we were disappointed. The pavement quality was abysmal and there were few places to pull over to admire the scenery. Literally a road to nowhere. It was only when we got to Hannagan Meadow that the road surface improved enough for us to relax. We found US 60 through the Salt River Canyon to be a much better ride. Wrong bikes for the job I guess. Maybe if we'd been on a couple of KLR's or something.
  3. IndianRider

IndianRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    SF, California area (San Ramon & Castro Valley)
    Fantastic ride report and beautiful blue R75 and the Guzzi .. I did a similar trip on a 78 CB750 minus the hammock special .. cheers
    johnwesley likes this.
  4. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be Supporter

Oddometer:

I didn’t notice any bad road section issues, maybe on the old tech suspension it all felt the same. It was a riot, never felt tire slippage not anything bad enough to make the bike change direction or scrape and I used all the tire :dunno
  5. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those old cb750s are great bikes. Bet it was a hoot to do a ride on like that.