R80g/s seat lock question

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Kikemon, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Kikemon

Kikemon Buffoon Emeritus Supporter

Oddometer:
    I never used to lock my seat so I never had to worry that I needed a different key for the ignition and seat. Recently somebody stole the solo seat and attached rack off my bike so it looks like I will be locking it from here on out. I was wondering if it is possible to re-key the seat lock to match the ignition lock (or vice versa). Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find what I needed by searching.
    Thanks
  2. workhorse

workhorse Motorcycle as a medium of travel

Oddometer:
    Mine is a 86 and keyed alike.
  3. raywilson

raywilson Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gene's Lock n Key
    503 421 8267
    He'll come to you. Old school guy. Lives off Alberta. You'll need to remove the lock from your bike. He rekeyed an old thunderbird door lock to a new key for me.
  4. Kikemon

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the contact @raywilson. I will definitely give him a go at it if I can’t figure it out. I live 2 blocks south of Alberta myself and would be glad to help a homie out
  5. Chad M

Chad M 14880

Oddometer:
    I have horrible dreams often of this sort of theft... coming out to find carbs, exhaust, or the entire engine from my bug, gone.

How easy would it be to walk away with your tank once the seat is off... jeez!
  6. Kikemon

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my concerns about theft and safety measures against it have not kept pace with the changing conditions of my neighborhood. I am very lucky that is all they got. My bike now has an alarm (pain in the ass to live with, by the way) and is kept covered and locked. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage option.