RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rade Just wondering if I could get those rubber gaskets for your gas tank I filled out your special order form sent it in and never heard from you thank you Louie
  2. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rade I know you are busy but I need those gaskets The tank kit was new in 2016 I just never installed it so now my buddy’s and I started to ride longer distances so when I installed the tank It leaked a little drop so I took it back out and tighten it up to try to stop the leak but mast it worse so I took it apart and found the inside gasket was torn so I switched gaskets I tried to use the order form and never heard back from you I tried other gaskets but they didn’t work not soft enough HELP Louie
  3. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How come you won’t help me I dont want a hand out I realize I waited to long to install your tank
  4. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Louie,

I feel your pain, but you do know that Czech Republic is on a nationwide quarantine lockdown? I have no real idea what that means for the working folk over there, but could imagine it's not that simple at the moment. I'm actually waiting for stuff from him as well right now, but realize that transport times alone make this a very slow process.

On another note, if I look here:
    https://www.adventurebikecomponents.com.au/store/p5/Seal_kit_for_Rade_fuel_tank_bottom_outlet.html
    it seems to me to just be 2 fairly thick o-rings inside of washers. You should be able to source 2 appropriate o-rings locally.
  5. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried the o-rings. They were better but I didn’t know If they would stand up to the new gas so I chickened out lol I’ll. See if they have special one and I’ll check out that web site thanks
  6. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    orings made of viton should handle that no prob
  7. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks I'll check it out
  8. Norty01

Norty01 Occupant

Oddometer:
    Yup, viton rubber is what you want. It's stands up to ethanol.
  9. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks again I was worried about orings and ethanol I will try to find futon orings those are not black I think those are a reddish white is that right and thanks for your help
  10. Northerndr

Northerndr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All; just installing F4 fairing, the lower tower clamps are hitting the frame welds (on my 2020 husky 701). Before I trim them up, just wanted to check if anyone else had this happen, or if I’ve done something backwards! The top clamp is on, sitting on the frame and tight, I put the top tower bolts on loose with the tower, but the lower clamps don’t sit flush on the frame because of the frame welds. I’m planning on just trimming the ends to clear the welds. Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. LitenBie

LitenBie Ride in Plural

Oddometer:
    Hey

I've just installed the Skid plate on my husqvarna 701 enduro 2020. It seems like they changed the bolt thread size, as the one you supplied to fasten the rear brake cylinder differed. [edit] the threads are larger, but same size and spacing, So you can force them in I guess.

The rest of the skid plate did fit a little snug, and I love the insert you have upgraded the lid for the storage. It seems very tight. You should promote this, as I was very worried you did nothing to address rattling and water-intrusion. Will stress-test later in the week :)
  12. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    very satisfied with the upgrade and happy to share these here.

the air filter and hose vents were an easy install. note that when you cut the supplied clear tube, 2 of them at 20 cms, the third one needs to be longer. the instructions that came with the kit states cut them in equal lengths...so be aware.
    [​IMG]

the kit also came with an aluminized reflective heat shield. since i have some aerospace reflective materials, i added them for extra shielding
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the hole in the FB cover seems to be off relative to the ignition key. not really an issue since i can still push the tank forward and trim the FB cover to fit
    [​IMG]

i have a leftover hardware, i think this is for mounting the petcock to the right side of the frame for those who removed the charcoal canister. it wasn't on the instruction so as not to encourage anyone to mess with the factory set up. just my guess!
    [​IMG]

filled up both tanks and did a 110-mile ride, 40% dirt. no leak, no malfunction, and everything stayed in place. filter got dirty which means it worked.
    [​IMG]

the install took me 2 days not due to the difficulty level, i just took my time reading the instructions, watching you-tube installation and making sure that i was doing it right.

here i am enjoying the local forest (last Monday) and not worrying the reserve light will go on.
    [​IMG]
  13. Chet3215

Chet3215 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone confirm if the Rade Garage 19+ 690 pannier rack system is compatible with Mosko Moto's Backcountry quick detach pannier rack system? Also curious is the racks can be purchased without the extra loops and how they compare with respects to lateral support compared to some of the other brands that tie both sides together with rear bar?
  14. Telemos

Telemos n00b

Oddometer:
    I have R/G fuel tank siphoned + airfilter and happy with it.
    Only inlet sound is very noisy with full throttle, okay use earplugs someone mentioned but it's the local law enforcer I am worried about.
    Anyone got a solution to lower the sound level ( I dont care about some lost pony's)
  15. Falken452

Falken452 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello
    Can you tell me what grade aluminum are the KTM pegs?
    thanks
  16. Chet3215

Chet3215 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to install your Aux tank kit on a 2020 690 enduro r and my order did not come with the tank bracket. I did get another part which might be the bracket but i do not see it in the instructions nor can i figure out how to use it. Can you help? Am i missing parts?

Attached Files:

17. Chet3215

Chet3215 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have two more questions for you. When i have the tank installed it appears to interfere with the seat support brackets on both sides and the bike and the carbon key cover will not come anywhere close to fitting flush down on the frame. Is there meant to be a spacer under the cover between it and the nut-certs?
  18. Chet3215

Chet3215 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK Im stupid. The part picture i posted is the GPS mount adapter. Silly me. But im still missing the tank bracket :(
  19. ADVALBRECHT

ADVALBRECHT n00b

Oddometer:
    Recently picked up some awesome Rade footpegs, but....

The face angle is canted rearward a few degrees, looking at pictures of other 701s this seems to be the norm (tough to tell from pics tho). I prefer a flat or forward cant to the footpeg face, like the stock pegs on my buddies 1090R, with these am constantly on the edge of the peg and that gets tiring quick. Am I missing something? Is there a reason for the rearward cant? I started paying attention to pegs after hearing Jimmy Lewis talk about how important having them set up correctly is, he cants his forward 2-3° if i remember correctly.
  20. socaldrrider

socaldrrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    anyone know about how much the 701 skid plate weighs?